Chapter 6

"What do you know of the Force?" Luke asked. "It's a power the Jedi have that let's them control people and, um, make things float." Rey replied. "Impressive, however, every word in that sentence was wrong." Luke replied motioning Rey to follow him. "Breathe. Reach out with your feelings. What do you see?" Luke asked as he had her close her eyes. "The Island, Life. Death and decay, that feeds new life. Warmth. Cold. Peace. Violence." Rey replied.

"And between it all?" Luke asked her. "Balance and energy. A Force." She said. "And inside you?" Luke questioned. "Inside me, that same Force." She replied. "And this is the lesson. That the Force does not belong to the Jedi. To say that is the Jedi die, the light dies, is vanity. Can you feel that?" He asked. "Yes, there's something else. It is calling to me, it's dark and cold." Rey said as she began to levitate. Luke looked at her with fear in his eyes.

"Rey, don't let the dark consume you, fight the darkness." Luke shouted. Once Rey opened her eyes and fell back onto the rock and looked at Luke. He stared at her with fear in his eyes, "The last time I saw power like that, it didn't scare me, it does now." He told her walking back into the Jedi Temple. "Wait, I don't understand. What was that?" Rey asked running after him. "You were being called by the dark and it almost consumed you. I am done teaching you." Luke replied sitting down. "Please, I want to learn. What is this place?" Rey asked him as she sat next to him.

"This is the original Jedi Temple. Now, that they are extinct, the Jedi are romanticized, deified. But, if you strip away the myth, and look at their deeds, the legacy of the Jedi is a failure." Luke replied to her. "That's not true!" Rey shouted. "At the height of their powers, they allowed Darth Sidious to rise, create the Empire, and wipe them out. It was a Jedi Master who was responsible for the training and creation of Darth Vader." Luke said as he exited the Temple leaving Rey alone as she sat inside alone.