I smiled "Yes, i'm pregnant. I'm six weeks pregnant."

He was silent for a few seconds, my stomach was already twisting in fear.

"Alhamdulillah! Alhamdulillah! Alhamdulillah! I'm so happy." He exclaimed, happiness lacing his voice.

My face broke into a smile when he hugged me from behind "Thank you! Thank you very much!"

I was surprised by his reaction, he seemed very happy and that made me happy too. Because his happiness was mine.

A month passed by in a blur, another passed then another. I was 18 weeks pregnant now and i was getting more excited everyday.

Just having breakfast a Monday morning, Ali was getting ready to go to work and i was resting on the couch in the living room. I felt it for the first time and a gasp left my mouth.

"Oh Allah!" I felt it again. I then placed my hand on my already protruding belly and i felt it again.

My eyes watered "Alhamdulillah!"

I heard Ali's step coming down the stairs "Honey! Are you sure you will be alright?"

We've been arguing since last night about him go to work. He said he wanted to stay with me for a few days since my morning sickness was getting worse and i was always being sick and tired.

"Ali, come and feel this."

I waited till he was in front of me then i took a deep breath.

"Let me see your hand."

"What is it?" He asked in confusion.

"Just let me see."

He placed his hand on mine and i held it before placing it on my belly and we both felt it.

"Did you feel that?"

He was quiet.

"Ali?"

I felt another kick and i smiled. The feeling was so overwhelming.

"That was beautiful!" Was his reply.

I smiled "It is."

Some more minutes "That's enough, Ali. You've got to go to work." I shooed him.

"You know what?" He placed a kiss on my forehead.

"What?"

"I'm not going anywhere. We are going to spend the whole of today together."

As much as i would have loved that, i knew it was wrong.

"You know that's not right, Ali. You are their leader, a good one for that matter and you're not supposed to not be at work for no reason. You should be an example for them."

He sighed "You know what makes me a good leader?"

I shook my head "What?"

"I have a good wife." He placed a chaste kiss on my cheeks and left.

.........

I spent most of the day on bed, being sick. The cook made food for me and took good care of me. Ali called thrice to make sure i was well taken care of. He did that everyday.

When it was evening, i was feeling a little better. I told the cook to make me a strawberry cake while i go take a bath. After taking my bath and getting dressed in an Abayah, she was done.

I wanted to go visit my neighbor, they have been so good to me, always visiting me. I had gone there only twice.

"You shouldn't go alone, Ma'am. I will come with you." Sofia, my house help said. She is 30 years old Mexican convert leaving happily with her family.

"I agree with her." 20 year old Umaira mussed.

I smiled "Okay."

Once we got there, Sofia rang the bell and their daughter immediately opened the door.

"Mum, it's Ava." She said cheerfully.

"After exchanging pleasantries, we settled down in the living room.

"Where is your husband?" Janet, my American neighbor asked.

"He's at work." I replied.

"You really shouldn't have stressed yourself in this condition."

I shook my head "Don't worry about it. I brought strawberry cake for Paige."

I heard the fifteen year old chuckling "Thanks, Ava."

After talking for a few more minutes, we left. Immediately after stepping in, i heard the horn of Ali's car.

I checked my watch for the time, it was almost six.

"Umaira, is dinner ready?" I called out.

"Yes, ma'am." She called out from the kitchen.

"Go check it, Aunty Sophia."

"Okay." I heard her footsteps leave the living room.

"Honey?" I heard his voice from behind me.

I smiled guiltily "Yes?"

"You went to the neighbor's house, didn't you?" He was now standing in front of me. I had told him about it early this morning but he didn't say anything about it.

"Maybe."

"I thought i told you not to."

I bit my lips "You didn't exactly say so."

"Ava? I told you to be careful."

I winced at his voice "I'm sorry."

That seemed to do it "Promise me you won't go against me again." His voice was very calm.

"I do." I smiled when he hugged me.