Chapter 17(The ball part 1)

Days passed by and soon it was the day of Jack's ball. I needed to get out of this plan quickly. I just couldn't believe I had allowed Jack to give me a ring and necklace. I should have stopped him earlier and told him I couldn't do this. Jack's phone started to ring so I kept my phone by my ear.
"Hello?" Jack said sounding slightly out of breathe.

"Hey Jack."

"Hey Michelle are you ready for this evening?"

I started to cough into the phone. "I really wanted to go with you Jack it's just that I feel really ill."

"Knock it of I know you are faking it to get away with not going," Jack stated.

"No but I really don't feel well," Jack said.

"Let me video call you then," I would have allowed him to do this but my braids hair was tied neatly and I had make up on so I knew there wasn't any point in us video calling. He would just know.

"Fine you caught me out Jack."

"Your going to be OK."

"I hope."

"Trust me on this on."

"OK."

"When it's 7 30pm I will be going to come pick you up so try and get ready by then. Hopefully by that time no paparazzi would be out."

I doubted this because the paparazzi are very active people. They would be out day and night trying to blind us. I said a quick 'bye' to Jack before going to my lecture. Once in the lecture Hall I placed myself at the back as others took their seat in the middle and front. I put my glasses on before reaching into my backpack and grabbing my note book and note pad. James walked into the room, his eyes scanning the room until they landed on my as he smiled at me. I gave him a small smile feeling uncomfortable as he began to start the lesson.

"You need to have your textbook with you and I want you to turn to pages 124. If you don't have a text book the page would be on the board so you can take some notes down from it. I felt someone tap me and turned to face a guy who looked far older than me.

I also couldn't help but notice that he smelt a bit like weed.

"Dude do you have a pen?"

"I am sorry I don't have any" I lied. I had a lot of pens but it's not everyone I give pens to. I especially don't give them to guys who call me dude. I am a girl. The lecture went by quick and I tried to avoid having conversation with anyone else. Once it was over I made sure that I was the first to leave without making any type of contact with James because I didn't want anything to start between us. There wasn't and would never be an US. I was certain of that.

Once in my block I went into my room and pulled out the dress Jack had got for me while examining it. I liked the way the dress looked on me when I wore it and I loved the way it made me feel. It made me feel beautiful which isn't often. I placed the dress back into my bag before leaving my room to go to the kitchen. I saw a figure in the middle of corridor and immediately froze. It was a guy. I knew boys could enter our corridor but they usually needed to be let in or someone would have to leave the back door in the kitchen open which allows them inside. The person turned around and I recognised who it was straight away.

It was the guy who I sprayed in the party.

The guy who called me the N word.

"Excuse me." I didn't look up at him and continued to walk to the kitchen. He walked in straight behind me.

"Honestly I dont know what Jack sees in you?" I ignored him as I got my Icecream from the freezer.

"That's one thing you are good at, ignoring people" Suddenly he grabbed my wrist and pulled me to him.