Chapter 80: Heartbreak

Start from the beginning

             The boy left Jimin in the car as he jogged up the steps of Namjoon's house to knock right at the big double doors of the house. Jungkook was familiar to this place since they've been working together once they met back then, five years ago to be exact. Jungkook could just remember the time when he first walked into the hideout after coming back from the hospital after the gang initiation. It seems like a blur to him, but he could recall those exciting first memories he spent once he walked into the gang. He was as lost just like anyone else there. Only then, he was found and this left him to worry; when would be the day he gets lost again?

              Jungkook thought back once he became gang leader after the leader before him was shot during a mission they were doing. RM was assigned to support them through anything and that's when Namjoon met Jungkook over five years ago. This was why they seemed to click once Jimin had Jungkook as his detective. As Jungkook began to reminisce, the front door opened and there stood Dr. Kim Seokjin. It seemed as if he stayed there with Namjoon to take care of him for as long as he could.

             "Oh! Jungkook, hello!" Seokjin greeted the younger and Jungkook was close to speaking when he realized, he had to keep silent. "I was just about to leave. Is there something you need? Namjoon is up in his room."

             Jungkook just didn't know how to communicate as he pointed up to the stairs beyond the elder's shoulder to signal that he needed to talk to Namjoon. "I see! Go right ahead. Tell him to exercise daily!" Seokjin claimed as the doctor left the big house. Jungkook let out a sigh of relief afterwards as he finally walked in the house before taking a glimpse back at Jimin's car. The silhouette of the man leaned over the steering wheel in sorrow. The young gang leader wanted to go back and hug Jimin in his arms, but all he did was turn around and close the door behind him to focus at the task at hand.

             Within the big house, there was a huge space of the living room with a white marbled floor tiles, eggshell colored ceilings and huge beige colored walls. The furniture only consisted in red leather with brown rugs to give such a comfortable look to it all. The kitchen down the hall was huge with only steel silverware over deluxe stoves and black counter tops. Jungkook looked around the house and only focused up ahead on the white slender stairs leading to the top floor where Namjoon was. Jungkook noticed that the only way Namjoon could get down was to attach his wheel chair against the side of the wall and travel down by there.

            Jungkook ran up the stairs and reached the first floor as he noticed Namjoon's bedroom door open. Once the boy peered in through the doors, he could see Namjoon sitting on his wheel chair and gazing out the balcony of his house. Gazing at the housetops of the neighborhood and the heads of the trees too. "Hey.." Jungkook called out as Namjoon turned his wheel chair around with his hermit crab crawling all over his clothed chest. He wore a loose V-neck shirt and cyan colored bottoms with two strings to adjust the size of it against his hips.

           "Good to see you, Boss. Where's your husband?~" Joked the loan shark as he let out a chuckle.

            "Don't start." Jungkook replied and let out a sigh. "Don't say that when we both know I can't have him..."

            "Ah, you're just like me... I fear we could leave anytime and I'll have to leave Seokjin... I think he likes me? It's tough to tell... But when that day comes-"

           "It's here already... No use in making a whole life-changing speech about it too. We have to leave by tonight. All of us! Those officers and Jimin's nosy father found the hideout. We held it sealed shut from the eyes of everyone for so long, we were almost through with it... If it wasn't for me falling in love and compromising the whole mission. It's my fault..."

           "All you ever did was fall in love. You found love when you were busy thinking you never would. I can sit here and say you did good by just finding that. Don't stress about tonight. I'll have everyone out of there before morning." Namjoon promised as he rolled the wheels on the chair forward and rolled up to a mirror he had Seokjin place down onto the ground so he could look at himself. "This reflection... It's so cold when I look at it. I belong in a chair for getting Sehiro mad that night on purpose. Ugh, did Yoongi really have to shoot me where I'd get paralyzed?"

        "It was raining and we both know Yoongi isn't good at aiming." Jungkook replied with a sigh. "...or running."

        "Both true. Ah, I just thought you would do it. You have good aim! But then I looked up ahead to see that Yoongi was there. Short and pale faced. I recognized him so perfectly that I knew this was going to end up in a catastrophe."

          "Are you... coming with us? We're heading to Japan next and I thought you would follow as always. You pay for the ride there but you're always late to follow up.

         "Does it look like I could follow? Hmph... I can't go out like this. I haven't been out in so long. I feel like I'm trapped with this chair. Guess that's what karma feels like... But then, I can't stay mad at myself. After all, I did learn to love myself before I could love another." Namjoon claimed and leaned back on the wheel chair. "I won't follow you all but I'll still support you and your gang. I just wonder, if you didn't kill Jimin and fell in love with him, what did you tell him to make him leave you?"

         "He never left me... Just today he panicked once he found out about the officers were going to infiltrate the base. I told him... Expecting he would pull away, but he suffered and still loved me because I'm all he has. I made him lose his life, his bestfriend and sanity. He's growing mental because of me and I'm all to blame." Jungkook sighed and dropped onto the bed to sit. "You're lucky you could stay... I can't and I have people to lead."

        "At least you could tell Yoongi that I found love and I'm going to stay for it. That old man loves to tease us, hm? I feel really bad for him... I just wonder what would have happened if the officer Yoongi was with back in Seoul, would have found out about this side of him. Normally, you break their heart first and if that doesn't chase them away, you reveal your secret. If they run, kill them. If they stay, love them. But for you, the Chief clung onto you, but you have no other choice but to drop him... The two of you are from two different worlds. You should be enemies but you chose to love. Now comes the hardest part... Heartbreak."