Chapter 9: Urgent needs

Jungkook sat calmly in the back seat of Jimin's red car, holding his camera and backpack close. They were going off to see where someone was just discovered dead and this alone gave Jimin anxiety the whole time. How long was it until someone else was discovered dead right after? Jimin gripped onto the steering wheel as he followed the address that was sent to him by Officer Riyu. He felt the stress come over him as he drove closer and closer to the site. Knowing he had too many cases now and they were all falling in the same time.

            "Fuck, we have four cases now... What in the world is up with these killers? Ugh, I need to split it and let other officers take over the jewelry theft." Jimin growled in frustration as Jungkook laid back against the car seat and made another smile right across his bright face by just hearing Jimin's voice after a long car ride of silence. "I think after work I'll get myself a drink and get home to investigate on this more." Jimin told himself while Jungkook tilted his head and looked at Jimin. Wanting to get his attention and probably tag along, but he knew better not to distract Jimin since he was driving. So, the boy kept the thought in his head to mention it to Jungkook.

             As they reached a stoplight, Jungkook then started to cup his own face and this was brought to Jimin's attention that the boy looked bothered. "What's the matter, Detective?" Jimin asked and looked back to see Jungkook gently pat his stomach to show he was hungry and Jimin was able to catch it. "Detective, why couldn't you eat before you came to work? Can you wait until our break? We're close to the crime scene... You weren't like this before..." Jimin added as he looked forward and continued to drive when Jungkook took out his wallet and slammed it down in between the passenger's seat and the driver's seat. Demanding to be taken to eat somewhere.

               "FUC- Jungkook! Take it easy. We'll go after we investigate the crime scene. Hold on until then. Surely you ate something before you got to bed?" Jimin wondered and looked up at the mirror to see the younger shake his head and lift up one finger. Just to show he had only one thing to eat. This alone made the older's eyes widen. "Was it a snack? Ah, Jungkook! Why couldn't you eat something else? Ugh, you're a handful, Detective Jeon." Jimin sighed and looked up ahead to see the police cars and police tape surrounding a house like there was a break in. "Hang in tight, we'll just take a look." Jimin said as he parked along the driveway of the small house where a lady was close to fainting from her tears on a porch surrounded by the police officers and paramedics.

                They were trying to give her space and try to calm her down after what she just witnessed while Jimin finally stepped out of the car. But, Jungkook was forced to tag along even if his hunger suddenly hit him like a truck. The boy followed Jimin to the crime scene as his backpack hugged his back and his camera hung from his neck. Jungkook felt a little weak from not eating and this alone made him feel like he was out of breath.

               Jimin walked passed the porch while the Officers only glanced their way and looked away to allow them into the scene. Just then, Jimin slowly came to a stop to look around the dull house that only had shattered glass all around and marks of blood like a body was dragged. Suddenly, Jungkook bumped his body against the older's back. Not realizing that Jimin came to a stop. "Hey! Watch it, Detective!" Jimin hissed out of fright. "You scared me.." Jimin said as he took a good look at the boy once more. "Jeon, keep it together, we'll be out of here soon. Then, I'll take you out to-" Just then, Jungkook nodded his head and closed his eyes as he dropped forward onto the Chief and called the Officer's attention.

           "Chief, is Detective Jeon alright?" Asked one of the Officers while Jimin held the younger who was leaning his body over to the man. Causing the older to growl and look down at the boy.

          "He's alright. Just hungry. Tell Officer Riyu I'll be back soon. Hold the crime scene open for me." Jimin added. The officers knew this was very unprofessional for Jimin and the man could have dropped Jungkook off at a diner. But, the boy was the detective and everyone knew he was essential to the investigation.