Chapter 16: What's between us

The very next morning, Jimin woke up and let out a sigh as he cupped his face and rubbed his eyes in exhaustion. First, he couldn't get much sleep because the thought of kissing Jungkook still flew around in his mind and now, he woke up with the slightest pain in his head. He was use to drinking but sometimes he alone would over do his drinking time to time and cause this to himself.

           Jimin was about to sit up when he realized... Jungkook was resting his head over Jimin's chest and hugging him after. This caused the man to flinch and gaze at the younger who hugged him closely while they rested. "Jungkook... H-How did he get here? I thought he would've stayed in the other room!" Jimin thought and tried to move the boy again to place him down right by him, but just then, Jungkook let out a short and silent pushed groan that he managed to make as he then climbed over Jimin and laid his body on the Chief. Refusing to get off.

             The man exhaled as he felt Jungkook curl up over his body and let out a huff. "Jungkook." Jimin called up and decided this was too much! They needed to interview the people around the area and of course, have the cases split and given to other teams to investigate since Jimin would only need to focus on the current one. "Get up! Jungkook!" Jimin rose his voice while Jungkook groaned very silently. But making just the slightest sound took too much work for him.

              Jimin then tried to shove the boy off, but just then, the silent prince slowly opened his eyes and this made Jimin stop and remain silent. Jungkook locked eye contact with Jimin and suddenly began to blush from the embarrassment. He quickly got off of the older and gulped as he noticed he himself wasn't even wearing a shirt. All of his buttons were undone and he could only panic about what could've happened last night.

            "Calm down, Jungkook... We didn't do anything." Jimin lied to the boy. Hiding the fact that their lips touched that night. Jungkook then started to button up his dress shirt and shake his head. Looking back at Jimin before standing up. "What? What is it...?" Jimin asked as he sat up on the bed and placed his hands back to hold himself up. Watching Jungkook point to his lips and then back at Jimin. "Y-Yes I kissed you... I'm sorry... But that was it!" Jimin claimed. Surprised the younger could remember that and only that. Jimin hoped the boy didn't and could have dropped it the next day... Yet, he held onto the thought. Showing how much it really meant to him.

                "Just drop it, okay? It was just a little kiss... Didn't really have to mean anything! I can't have anything with you and you'll understand when you know that it's just too dangerous." Jimin stated and got out of bed as he walked out of the room, but Jungkook followed. "There's a bathroom. Go. I'll use the one in my room." Jimin stated, but Jungkook still followed Jimin. The man never wanted to hear Jungkook's say in the kiss. Just assuming the boy could accept and bury this moment away. He too was surprised that the kiss was the first thing on his mind.

                "I need to get ready. You should do the same too." Jimin told the younger as he closed the door on Jungkook. Leaving the boy to silently place his fist over the wood and gently bang his fist on Jimin's door. Wanting in so he could talk to Jimin about this. But the man just assumed that Jungkook wouldn't want anything to do with the kiss too when deep down, he really hoped for it.

             Jungkook eventually had to go get ready for his day as Jimin stood in the shower. Thinking of the way Jungkook stood by the door and kept knocking and knocking until he finally stopped. "Ugh... I know he wants to talk about it... But I don't. We shouldn't.. We're better as friends and he knows that... Right? I won't give him the chance to even text me about it." Jimin told himself whole the older only resumed washing up for his day at work again.

            As soon as he changed into his formal wear for work, Jimin stepped in front of the mirror, wearing a black dress shirt tucked into his black slacks that matched with his full black attire of classic shoes for work and a black tie as well. The man brushed his dirty blond hair back and walked out of the room as he fixed the cuffs of his sleeves. Jimin had a good scent of cologne, a clear face for the day and determination to go and bring on questions to the people who were around during the murder of the man. The Chief stepped out and grabbed his briefcase from his office and made sure he didn't leave the book or the journal behind to learn sign language on his time off.