Chapter 22: Stakeout

By the following four weeks, they weren't able to find a thing about the gang. It was like their work reached a big stop. Even the other cases they gave up to take on the murder, reached a boulder too! It was no secret these crimes must have been linked. Jimin worried not keeping up with this case or else it'll be forced to close and Mrs. Wong wouldn't ever get to rest after the whole situation surrounding her own husband. By now, she already broke the news to her family and they all grieved for him. Wishing that justice would be served... However, that wasn't the case here. After a long time, the gang's location was tough to find.

              Jimin sat in his office, leaning back on the office chair while Jungkook was sitting at his desk and still trying to reach through shady streets to make their first stakeout. This was a big problem since Jimin was very paranoid about losing Jungkook in the stakeout. What were the chances that a gang might find them and suddenly shoot them dead? Jimin shivered at the thought and couldn't bear to think any further into it. He couldn't do the stakeout and thought that maybe someone else could do it. Over the years, he was able to do it but slowly that broke him down and gave him fear. That's when his paranoia kicked in.

             Having Jungkook perform a stakeout was something Jimin couldn't have. All Jimin could think of doing was sending Sehiro off to stakeout along with Namjoon. It wasn't in RM's position to stakeout, yet that was all Jimin could do. He grew selfish to protect himself and his lover from any danger. Even if the Chief and the detective were behind this, they couldn't go but just sit back and allow the officers to take over on this one. The Chief was too important to join in on these stakeouts... Of course, he wasn't even allowed to serve any cases. But, he has been doing it for so long now that stepping down from one was enough to make people point fingers.

           As Jimin was deciding who to send off for the stakeout, the telephone began to ring and this made Jimin slowly drag his gaze over to the telephone. He felt a little nervous to answer the calls now. It was just a matter of time before he gets blackmailed by someone who figured out his relationship with his detective. Ever since that day the two professed their love for each other, it has doubled Jimin's worries and now he had to worry about his lover and himself. It was just too much stress! Yet, he had to look after the detective because no one else was going to do it except for him. He was the one who cared for Jungkook enough to learn sign language and become more than a friend to him.

              Jungkook looked over at the Chief and watched how he was nervously clearing his throat as the phone kept ringing. This made Jungkook sigh and throw a paper ball over at the younger so he could pay attention to the telephone. Jimin flinched at the ball being thrown and looked over at Jungkook who always had to make sure the man takes his calls. "I-I was going to answer it.." Jimin added as he picked the phone up and gulped once he answered. By now, he wouldn't be surprised if there was someone who would claim to have placed a bomb in the station. "Hello, this is Chief Park." Jimin said to the phone while he awaited an answer.

          "Park Jimin! How are you doing? It's your father. I called to check up on you and your partner! It's been a while... I've noticed that there is barely any cases solved since he was there... Is he distracting you?" Mr. Park asked as his voice was rough over the phone.

          "Ah, father... The only reason why there are delays is because of the gangs. Our current lead of suspects are a gang, yet we spent all of our time on tracking them! We found a place where suspicious acts have been spotted and a stakeout would be performed. I am sending officers there tonight."

         "Tonight? Are you sure you can send them out tonight? I've heard another thunderstorm could strike tonight." The father claimed as Jimin rose a brow.