Chapter 19: Lips sealed

"Jungkook?" Jimin called out as he started to make his way to the kitchen when suddenly, Officer Riyu stepped out and made a smile at Jimin. "Sehiro, what's taking the both of you so long?" Jimin wondered while the Officer turned Jimin around and started to place his arms around Jimin to walk him out of the house.

           "Jungkook had the stove set on a low temperature so I had to help him on that." The officer lied as Jimin looked back and stopped. "Have you asked questions?"

           "No... Hey, I-I'll just check if he's okay!" Jimin stated while the officer tilted his head.

           "Chief, this isn't time for friendship bracelets and holding hands. This is an investigation. Not a playground. Let's get back to the questioning." The man claimed while Jimin blinked his eyes and nodded his head after.

            "Yes... Yes. But I could've sworn I heard a sniffle coming from the kitchen once you stepped out... What did you tell him?" Jimin asked in worry as he was ready to stop and run over to the kitchen.

            "Nothing. I told him nothing. Jimin, let's get back to the investigation. Stop trying to baby him. He's a man and even if he was crying, what would you do? Cradle him to sleep and warm his bottle? Don't baby him and treat him like that or else he'll get too close. Don't let your guard down when it comes to someone you just met." Sehiro advised while Jimin wanted to tell his friend that Jungkook was way more than someone he just met.

                The Chief felt like he was closer to Jungkook, even if they were slowly getting to understand one another, Jimin knew this was great progress because no one could get close to someone who could never communicate. Not as close as they were with each other. Yet, the Chief didn't argue with his close friend only because he knew that deep down, Officer Riyu was right. Sehiro told the younger that he couldn't baby Jungkook and let his guard down at all towards Jungkook and he was right. Jimin was still paranoid but towards Jungkook? He saw a happy and very smart individual who was always stepped over by the rest. Just like him. It was enough for Jimin to empathize the detective. On the other hand, he knew that he couldn't baby Jeon Jungkook any further.

            Jimin walked back outside with Officer Riyu and went to question the woman as she refused to answer until she had her cup of tea for the day. Only after a few minutes, Jungkook finally walked out of the house with a blank face as he handed the woman her cup of tea with both of his hands in respect.

           "T-Thank you..." The woman said as she cooled the tea down and took a sip of it while Jungkook went to sit far from Jimin since Officer Riyu was sitting right next to Jimin. Jimin smiled and looked at the younger while he handed Jungkook his notepad to take down notes for the investigation. However, the boy didn't return the smile to Jimin and just avoided eye contact with his Chief and the Chief's pet, Sehiro. "You said I wouldn't get in trouble if I told..." Whispered the woman as Jimin nodded his head.

             "Please tell us." Jimin said as Jungkook had to pick up on what they were talking about just so he could understand.

              "My husband and I... Were going through debt. It was tough since I stayed at home to take care of our son at times... But I had to send him off to his older sister so I could work secretly. She's watching over him and he has yet to know. So I used to be a stay-at-home mother for my son. That was before I began my own job. I adopted him not so long ago but my daughter is actually mine. It was tough living for us... So, my husband went off to talk to a loan shark and a gang..." The woman claimed as Jungkook wrote it down. "I don't know which one... There are so many here. He only told me everything was going to be fine from now on but I never knew the name of the gang." Sighed the woman and looked down at the ground in silence.