-ᴀ ᴄʜɪʟᴅ's ᴡɪsʜ-

🌸_ʜᴏɴɢᴊɪsᴏᴏ_🌸
*****************

Every child needs their parents. I grew up with my parents' love and care. I became a top student in all my years in grade school and highschool. I even graduated with a high degree in college. I received a lot of achievements and even made friends. However, I am not lucky at one thing.

Love.

As I grew up, I started a small business that turned big. By big, I meant that it became very successful. That is why I am now rich. But am I happy? Not really.

What is the point of life when I don't have someone to spend it with me?

"Mom!" My son called me from the elegant living room.

"Yes, sweetie?" I asked politely.

"Where's dad?" He asked, which made me stop.

I didn't reply, I didn't know how to. I don't know the right answer.

"I don't know, maybe he's really busy." I tried to make up.

"But you've said that since the beginning, though."

"Please understand me, sweetie."

"Okay, mom. Sorry for asking, don't be too bothered."

Heard that? My son is so polite and kind, reminds me of someone. He reminds me of his father, Hong Jisoo. I don't know where that man is now, but I know for sure he left me. I thought he was a gentleman, but I thought wrong.

"Mom, don't forget about my birthday this Saturday. I'll get going now, see you later!" He went to me and kissed my cheek.

I'm so lucky to have him. Being a single mom is not so bad, as long as my son is there for me. He's 14th birthday is this Saturday and I planned to give him the best birthday ever. I planned on buying him his favorite phone, which he always wanted to have.

I dialed my best friend, "Yah, can you come over and help me with my son's birthday party?"

That's what we did for the rest of the week. Until, Saturday finally came.

I was already dressed up and prepared for this special day. I was already in the living room with my family, relatives and my enployees. I asked one of my employees to guide my son to the living room. Then, the door opened.

"HAPPY 14th BIRTHDAY!" All of us shouted to the birthday boy.

The smile on his face made me so happy. I felt like the happiest mother in the world. His happiness is important to me. He quickly hugged me and smiled.

"Thank you everyone, especially to you mom."

"Anything for my son."

We started eating, playing and it was finally time to open his gifts. He opened the gifts and he got a lot of really expensive things. It was now time to open my gift for him.

"Mom! Thank you so much!" He embraced me again as he saw the phone I gave him.

I hugged back and we treasured the moment. Everyone was smiling and I think this was his best birthday ever. A few moments later, someone knocked on the door.

"Come in!" I shouted through the noise.

The person opened it and everyone stopped. Not everyone because my son was smiling widely and he ran up to the man. He hugged him as tight as he can. It was tighter than when he hugged me.