-ʜᴇᴀʀᴛᴛʜʀᴏʙ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏʏғʀɪᴇɴᴅ-

🍁_sᴇᴏᴋsᴏᴏɴ_💐
****************

It's already prom night, but I am still sitting on my chair because I don't have a partner.

People were already dancing with their partners. No one ever came to me and ask about my night. It's because no one really talks to me.

I am someone who everyone wants to be, but not someone to be with. I got the looks, prettier than most girls in school. I got the brains, always top in class. I got the talent, always winning school contests. But I'm quiet, no one talks to me at all. No one even asked me to be their partner for prom, they might not enjoy the night.

It's already the last dance, the most important part of the night. I wanted to make this night memorable, but I couldn't do anything. I just stared at the people dancing with each other. That's when a hero came.

"y/n, do you mind if I'll have your last dance?" The guy with a bright smile appeared and asked me.

I didn't know what to say. I couldn't react properly. He's the first guy to ask.

"Uhm..." That's all I said.

The guy just chuckles and held my hand, which caused me to blush.

"You're so cute, y/n. Let me have your last dance and make this night memorable for you." Then he guided me to the dance floor.

We were just dancing together, not feeling awkward at all. I mean, I don't have feelings for him. He doesn't see anything in me, as well. But why is everyone staring at us?

That's when I realize that I'm dancing with the school's heartthrob, Lee Seokmin.

We kept dancing and just enjoying our night, but eyes are into us. We were the center of attention, right now.

Why? Because the quiet girl, who no one talks to, is dancing with the school's heartthrob. Everyone expected him to be with the school's queen.

"D-dokyeom, they're watching." I spoke quietly. I didn't like attention.

"Don't worry, they're just jealous that I'm dancing with such a pretty lady." He whispered back.

When the dance ended, I tried to excuse myself, but Seokmin didn't let me. Instead, he dragged me to a less crowded place.

"Dokyeom, why are you doing this?"

"What?"

"Why did you spend your last dance with me?"

Seokmin smiled brightly. A smile that no one could ever resist.

"It was worth it. I'd rather give you a memorable night, than leaving you with nothing."

Everyone was right. This guy is a prince charming. Most girls like him, most guys look up to him. He is such a gentleman, he'd sacrifice himself for other's happiness.

"Thank you, but you really shouldn't have done that."

Seokmin smiled again. I can't keep looking at that smile. I just can't look.

"I love you, y/n." He suddenly confessed.

"I know." I simply replied.

He was too obvious with his feelings for me. Everyday, he helps me with my things and walks with me, but not all the time. People get quite jealous, but knew that they shouldn't be.

"I really love you, y/n. I gave my last dance to you because that's how important you are to me. So, will you be my girlfriend?"

I hate to say this but...

"Dokyeom, you're a great man. I like you, too. It's just that I hav-."

I was cut off by Seokmin. He embraced me tightly, as if I would slip away. He was...sobbing? He's too fragile for me.

"y/n, please. I love you and I'll give everything to you. The world is ours, you'll be happy forever."

"I'm sorry, Dokyeom. I don't want to hurt you, but..."

I trailed off. He was there, standing across the room, waving his hands with a cheeky smile. It wasn't Seokmin.

"I got to go. My boyfriend is here." That's all I said, before I pushed Seokmin away and walked to where that guy was. That guy gave me a hug and kissed me in the cheek.

Seokmin was surprised to see the person I was with. That person was my boyfriend.

"Hoshi? You're her boyfriend?" Seokmin was so hurt by now.

Kwon Soonyoung and Lee Seokmin, the duo that everyone adored. Who would've thought that they would be rivals?

"Dokyeom, nice to meet you!" Soonyoung greeted happily. He didn't know anything about what happened.

How could he be like that, when he basically betrayed me? He wasn't even there to dance with y/n. Seokmin thought. He told Soonyoung about his feelings for me, but Soonyoung didn't tell him that I was already taken.

"There's nothing nice, Hoshi. Our friendship is officially over."

Did. Seokmin. just. say. that? Everyone, including Soonyoung and I, was so shocked, the whole room became quiet. The two men are fighting over me and I didn't like it.

'Did he really say that?!'
'What just happened?!'
'He changed.'

Whispers could be heard, but no one cared right now. The main point was Seokmin. The school's heartthrob and gentleman suddenly became aggressive and angry. No one expected that.

"Dokyeom, you're causing a scene. Please be a gentleman." I tried to stop him.

Seokmin just scoffed and glared at Soonyoung. This is really bad.

"I'm sorry, I can't be a gentleman anymore. I have no reason to be. I love you so much, but you don't. I have no purpose here anymore. I just hope you had a memorable last dance with me."

This is all my fault.

"I still love you, but don't expect me to go easy on your boyfriend."

Those were the last words Seokmin said, before walking out. He never gets tired of saying that he loves me.

Everyone had their eyes on me. "y/n, don't mind him. You have me." Soonyoung hugged and comforted me. Doesn't he feel bad for his best friend? I would not know the answer. All I know was that things changed.

It's been months, since Soonyoung and I became together. He treated me as his everything, just to make sure that I'm always happy. He was just late for prom because he had to help his mother at home. He's a gentleman, too.

Soonyoung was my bully, until he loved me and changed his ways. Seokmin was a very kind person, until he loved me and changed his ways. Two best friends, but opposite personalities. Two men, one girl and that is me.

Love can really change people, huh?

***********************************
덴덴 사랑해
-데니스