"You've got a nice place."

Díos, the small talk. And he chose that out of all the things available he could say. He's used to luxury and everything rich, I doubt he finds my flat appealing at all. I hold myself back so I don't snort. "Adrian, please. Tell me why you're here or I'll have to ask you to go. You shouldn't be here in the first place."

Adrian cocks his head to the side. "You're trying to get rid of me so fast. Are you expecting a company?"

Este hombre! This man! The audacity of this man is unbelievable. "I'm saying you should not come here in the first place."

"But I did," he says stubbornly. "And I'm planning on staying for quite a while because we have to talk about some things."

"Do we?" I wonder, my eyebrow jumping up.

"We do," he confirms. He points at the chair, silently ordering me to sit down. I look at the chair and then at him, my arms still protectively wrapped around my body. "This is going to take a while, Cassandra. I advise you sit."

My eyes narrow because he's in no position to give me orders anymore, especially not at my place. If anyone, it should be me inviting him to sit down, not him. I sit down nonetheless, not wanting to start an argument over something so stupid.

Adrian, however, doesn't sit down, but goes straight to my kitchen, as if he belongs here. I stand up again. "What are you doing?" I want to know.

"Looking what food do you have in here so we can eat. Or would you want to go out?" He looks at me. He has this special talent that he makes me feel like I'm suddenly the guest here.

I shake my head. "Absolutamente no!" Absolutely not! He's making himself completely at home and it's making me uneasy.

"Very well, then," Adrian comments and starts rummaging through my fridge and cabinets, occasionally making a low sound in this throat that I have no idea what it means.

I can only stand there and stare at him like a fool before my brain finally registers what the hell is truly going on here. "Adrian, can you tell me what the hell are you doing here?"

"Let me feed you first," he says nonchalantly. "You don't have a lot of food here."

"The store is near so I usually go buy what I want to eat." I shake my head immediately. I don't want to have a small talk with him, but he's making me distracted. He's always been good at that.

He looks at me, giving me a look full of doubt. He doesn't hide how displeased he is, hearing that. I lift my head up higher just to make my point clear that how I live doesn't concern him anymore and I can defy him all I want now because he's not my boss anymore, therefore I don't have to care about what he thinks at all.

"I didn't invite you to make yourself at home. In fact, I didn't invite you in here at all. I don't want you to be here. We already said our goodbye."

Adrian makes that sound in this throat again. It sounds sexy, but I can't think about that now when there are million other more important things currently going on.

"Yes, I know. That's why I invited myself."

My head falls to one side, giving him an incredulous look. Is this man serious? "You're unbelievable."

"Thank you." Adrian gifts me one of his smiles that make him look even more attractive. My stomach clenches. I truly missed him. I hate that I did. And I hate that he still makes me so weak, especially after everything we went through.

"That wasn't a compliment." I sigh.

Adrian suddenly comes closer. Until. He's. Standing. Right. In. Front. Of. Me. And I can't breathe anymore.