Chapter Twenty-One: The Dance

Start from the beginning

"Seriously Blondie, you look stunning! Like a movie star!" 

"Thanks Jimmy," I said  as I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Where's Scott?" Mike asked.

"I dunno. Some Richie came and said something to him and he said he had to go."

"Oh... Well I guess that means your free!" Jimmy said as he put his arm around me. I smiled and laughed. Jimmy always knew how to make me feel better.

"Where's Cindy?" I asked.

"Finally got rid of her!" he exclaimed. "A couple of her friends walked by and she started talking with them. I just told her it would be best if I went over to keep my friends company... I don't even really think she noticed I left. That girl can talk!" We all laughed.

"Ricky always said that you pick the crazy ones!" Danny said. It was so true. Time went by as we all talked, danced, drank, and ate. I tried to forget Scott. Why would he leave right when the dance began? I didn't get it.. What was so important? Jimmy, Danny, Mike, and I were all having a blast dancing all together. I started to get tired so I told them I would get a drink and be right back. I walked over to the punch bowl to get some punch when someone grabbed my arm and dragged me outside. 

I was pushed out into the outside gazebo. I turned around and saw Scott.

"Scott, where did you go?" I asked.

"Shut up!" he snapped. I stood there motionless and confused. "You filthy greaser... All this time you were just lying..."

"Scott what are you talking abo-"

"I SAID SHUT UP!!!" Tears were forming in his eyes. I was starting to get scarred. I've never seen him mad before...

"I know.. I know the truth. All this time we hung out together and you forget to mention the fact that you KILLED MY BROTHER AND HIS BEST FRIEND!!" he screamed. Oh god.. How did he find out?

"Scott it's not what it sounds lik-"

"I can't believe it... I actually liked you... You- You killed my brother!" Rage was filling in his eyes as he kept stepping towards me. Tears started flowing down my eyes and with every step he made towards me, I took a step away from him. I tripped and fell backwards. I propped myself up on my arms and stared at him through my water eyes.

"I'm so sorry... It wasn't our fault," I whispered.

"You think you can make it up with I'm sorry??! Well NO!! You can't! I hate you Blondie... I HATE YOU!!" he screamed. He stopped walking towards me and looked down at his feet.

"The other four guys told me.. And they told me about Randy.." he whispered. "I told them to stop messing with you guys and leave you alone. Too many have died." He stopped to wipe away his tears off his face. "Just.... don't talk to me. I never want to see you or hear from you again. I will never forgive you.." he stood there looking down at me for a moment. "You're nothing more than a filthy, no good greaser." He then stormed off to the parking lot.

I stayed there on the ground and broke down into tears. This was supposed to be the perfect night... Everything was turning out wrong.

"Blondie?" I heard a voice call from behind. I turned around to see Danny. I just turned back around and continued crying.

He sat down next to me and wrapped his arms around me.

"Listen Blondie, if it's about Scott just forget about it. I'm sure he had a good reason for leaving."

"H-he came ba-back..." I sobbed.

"Well... What happened? What's wrong?" he asked.

"He found out.. He found out that we killed his brother and his brothers friend. He says he never wants to see me again... That he hates me." I turned towards him, buried my face in his shoulder, and started to cry. He patted my back and kissed my head.

"It's alright Blondie..." he whispered trying to calm me down. "He's a jerk who doesn't deserve you."

I sat up and looked at him. "Really?"

"Really," he smiled.

"He told me that the other guys are gonna stop messing with us.."

He nodded. "Well at least we're not going to the cooler..."

"I guess.." Then he gave me a smile. His famous smile that could make everything better. He wiped my tears away and kissed my cheek.

"You are something special Blondie... And no guy is worth breaking your heart over."

I smiled and hugged him. "Thanks Danny..." He stood up and helped me up. "Ugh!" I called out in frustration. "This night was supposed to be perfect. I never got my special dance of the night.."

Danny walked over and switched on the hanging lights. It looked beautiful.

"I think you've still got some time," he said as he extended his hand. Right at that moment "Earth Angel" started playing in the gym and you could hear it clearly outside. I took his hand and he spun me around. He put his arms around my waist and I wrapped my arms around his neck. We both stared into each others eyes as we danced to the slow song. I never noticed how beautiful Danny's eyes were... I couldn't stop smiling. This night wasn't turning out how I planned... It was turning out better.

He leaned in and kissed me. My heart practically exploded. This night was turning out to be the best night of my life. I ran my fingers through his greasy hair and he pulled me in closer.

"There you are!" I heard a voice yell. Me and Danny instantly broke away from each other and turned to the door. Mike came running towards us. "We gotta go!"

"Go where?" I asked.

"To the hospital!" he cried.

"What? Why?" Danny questioned.

"Jack just drove up and said he went to see Randy. Says he's not doin so good and that we should all see him! Common he's upfront waiting!" I looked at Danny and his eyes were filled of fear. He grabbed my hand and we started running towards the front of the school with Mike.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End of chapter 21!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE COMMENT!!!!!!!!!! 

i post chapters everyday so keep checking for updates! :)