Chapter Twenty-One: The Dance

We parked in the school's parking lot and and started making our way to the school's gym where the dance was. 

"I still can't get over how amazing you look," Scott said as we walked hand in hand down the hall. I smiled and said,

"Thanks. You look like James Bond. So fancy." He smiled and laughed.

"Well good because James Bond was exactly the look I was going for." We finally got to the gym and walked in. It was so weird seeing all my regular classmates in fancy dresses and tuxes. They looked so different. Some people were on the dance floor while others were hanging around the bleachers and standing near the food and drinks. 

"Hey, how about I get us something to drink?" Scott asked.

"Yea, that sounds great," I replied. He headed over to the food and drinks table and I spotted Mike and Danny near the bleachers so I headed over to talk to them. They looked so different. So... Fancy. Well everything looked different except their classic greasy hair. Both were wearing classy black tuxuedos.

"Well, I guessed you figured out how to tie a tie then!" I said. They turned to me and their mouths dropped open.

"Blondie?" Danny mumbled.

"Woah, Blondie. You look amazing!" Mike exclaimed. I smiled and said, 

"Thanks... You two don't look so bad yourself. So where's Jimmy?" I asked.

"Hmmm well I saw him with Cindy not too long ago. I think he's starting to realize how annoying she really is," Danny laughed. We looked around through the sea of people. I spotted Jimmy and Cindy across the floor. Cindy was talking non-stop and Jimmy looked bored out of his mind. I had to laugh. Ricky was right. Jimmy always picked the crazy ones...

"So where's your date?" Danny asked.

"Well we just got here and he went to get some drinks." I turned towards the table and he was coming towards us with some drinks.

"Well, I should go. I'll catch ya guys later in a little bit."

"Okay, oh and uh Blondie?" Mike started.

"Ya?" I asked as I turned around.

"Scott's real lucky!" he smiled. I smiled back and walked over to Scott. He handed me my drink and we stood near the stands and talked while we drank.

"So," he began. "Want kind of music do you like to dance to?" he asked.

"Ummm... I like a bit of everything. But Elvis and Dion are always my favorites."

"Nice! I love them. I can't believe that tomorrow is already the last day of school."

"Oh I know.. This year went by fast. But I'm so happy for summer break." We continued to drink and talk about music, movies, hobbies, and a lot of other things. More and more people were moving onto the dance floor and he extended his hand.

"Would you like to dance?" he asked. I grabbed his hand and said,

"Of course!" We joined everyone on the dance floor and started dancing. I was having so much fun. The music was great and they played so many great songs to dance to. But soon a tall Richie came over to Scott and whispered something in his ear. Scott stopped dancing and walked over to me. 

"I uh, gotta go... Sorry!" he yelled over the music. I frowned as he walked out of the gym. I pushed my way out of the crowd of people on the dance floor and made my way to the bleachers. I wonder where he had to go... I saw Jimmy with Danny and Mike. I guess Jimmy finally got rid of Cindy.

"Hey guys," I said announcing my arrival.

"Well, look who it is fellas! It's Marliyn Monroe!" Jimmy exclaimed. I smiled at him and sat down between him and Danny with Mike sitting behind me.