Chapter Nine: Back to Normal

I got out of the shower and started to dry off. The long cold shower felt really good. I put on a flowy, white, summer dress. I went over to do my hair. I curled, put it in a high ponytail and put on a red bandanna. I then walked over and sat down in front of the mirror. My right cheek was purple so I covered it as best as I could with make up but you could still clearly see my split lip, the large gash on my cheek and cut above my eye. I didn't even bother trying to hide those. I put on my usual eyeliner, mascara, and red lipstick, then walked over to my closet and put on my red flats. I looked over at my dirty closes. I had to get rid of that blood stained shirt. I found an old paper bag and put it inside. I'd throw it away outside on my way out. I still had Jack's jacket so I took it with me so I could give it back.

I headed downstairs. Aunt Genia still wasn't back yet so I found a piece of paper and pen and wrote her a note.

I came back this morning but you already had left for your book club. I washed up and I'm leaving to hang out with the gang for the day. I'll be back tonight. I won't come home too late. I know, it's a school night. See ya soon! Love- Blondie

As I headed down the street I threw the paper bag with the shirt in it away. I got to Danny's house and walked inside.

Jimmy looked up from his game of poker with Danny and said, "Wow Blondie, you look pretty good."

"Uh, thanks Jimmy..."

"I mean it barely even looks like you were in a fight," he said back.

"A fight? I wasn't in a fight," I said. "I fell off my bike. Remember?" Jimmy looked confused for a bit.

"I remember!" Danny quickly put in. Jimmy finally figured out what we were doing and winked at me. I sat down at the table to watch their game with Lucy. I took off Jack's jacket and set it on the chair.

"Where is everyone else?" I asked.

"Well," Lucy began. "Mike, Ricky, and Randy had to go to work. And Jack... What did he say he was gonna do?" she asked as she turned to Jimmy.

"I dunno.. But he said he would meet up with us later." I nodded and looked at the clock. It was twelve. 

"So what did Genia say?" Lucy questioned.

"Oh," I mumbled. "Well she wasn't there when I got there. She must have left for her book club. I wrote her a note saying I was gonna be with you guys. I guess I'll put it off for as long as I can."

Jimmy grinned. 

"Well, good luck," he remarked. "What do you guys want to do?" he asked.

"Uh, I dunno... Wanna walk around town? Maybe catch a movie at the theater?" Lucy said.

"Yeah! Lets go to the movies! I wanna see that new movie everyone's talking about... What's it called... 'Psycho'! Yeah, lets see that!" 

"Okay, sounds good to me," Danny said as he put on his jacket. 

"What should I do with Jack's jacket?" I asked.

"Take it with you. Jack said he'd meet up with us later so we'll probably run into him. You can give it back to him when you do." I nodded and put it back on. Jimmy grabbed his jacket and we all headed out the door. 

"Shoot, just remembered my car has a flat... Guess we're going on foot," Jimmy announced. We all headed down the street towards town. It was only about a ten minute walk there. We made our way to the little theater and Jimmy bought our tickets. We walked in and since Jimmy bought the tickets I said I would buy snacks. Jimmy and Danny headed  into the theater to save some spots while me and Lucy stood in line.

"Just a normal day..." Lucy sighed.

"Yeah... It's for the best," I said in return looking at Lucy.

"So are you excited?" she asked.

"About what?"

"Well it's almost the end of the year so you know what that means... The end of the year dance!" she exclaimed.

"Oh yeah," I said looking at her. She had a huge smile on her face. "Well I'm clearly not as excited about it as you are." She frowned at me. 

"You really don't see it, do you?" she asked.

"Lucy, what are you talking about?"

"I think I already know someone who wants to ask you," she grinned. "Look behind you!"

I turned my  head to see Scott in the corner.

"Lucy..." I began. She took the money I was holding and said,

"I'll get the snacks..." She pushed me out of the line and I stumbled right into Scott. He caught me in his arms.

"You okay there?" he smirked.

"Oh, uh sorry..." I turned my head and gave Lucy a death stare. She smiled and waved back.

"What happened?" he asked with a worried look. He was looking at my split lip and cuts and bruises.

"Oh, it was real stupid. I fell off my bike. I'm real clumsy," I convinced.

"I can tell," he said as he helped me up.

"Seeing another movie alone again?" he questioned.

"Oh uh, no. I'm here with some friends. They are already inside saving me a seat."

"Oh..." he whispered. " So uh, How've you been? You know, besides the bike accident."

"Um good.. Good... How about you?"

"Me? Oh real good... Yeah... Um I was just wondering if sometime you would like to-"

"Hey Blondie! The movie is about to start!" Lucy said as she walked over with all the food. I grabbed the drinks to help carry it all.

"Sorry, I gotta go. I uh, will talk to ya later! Bye.." As Lucy and I walked into the theater I punched her in the arm.

"What the hell was that!" I yelled at her.

"Blondie, you never told me he was that cute! He is gorgeous! And you can tell he likes you. Talk to him! Go to the dance with him before someone else does!"

"Lucy, I barely know him! I only go with greasers."

"Get to know him better. By the way you two were talking I can tell he seems like a real nice guy! What greaser do you know of that is as into you as Scott is! Plus, did I mention how cute he is!!!?"

"Drop it Lucy... At least for now.." We went to where Danny and Jimmy were. I handed them their cokes and I sat down between Danny and Jimmy and Lucy sat on the other side of Jimmy.

"What took ya so long?" Jimmy asked as he started to stuff popcorn in his face. Lucy opened her mouth but I gave her a death glare.

"There was a long line, right Lucy?" I asked her. She smiled and said,

"Right..." Danny gave us a suspicious look but shook it off.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 End of chapter Nine

PLEASE PLEASE COMMENT!

**I usually post chapters everyday but I am leaving in a couple hours to go to Palm Springs for five days. I'll continue writing as soon as I get back so make sure you check in Sunday!**