Chapter Three: The Plan

I woke up and rolled over to see the clock. It was eight in the morning. Danny just said come anytime in the morning so I decided I would start to get ready. I went off to the bathroom and washed my face. The cut didn't look too bad, but it sure did sting. I walked over to my closet and picked out a pair of faded jeans, and a thin, long-sleeved, plaid shirt. I slipped my jeans on and buttoned the top four buttons of my green shirt but tied the rest of it in a knot at the end. It was only eight fifteen so I decided to do my hair. I curled it, but it in a loose bun and stuck in a flower clip i had gotten a while ago. I went over to my mirror and did my make up. I put on my classic black cat-eye eyeliner which made my hazel eyes stand out. I put on some mascara and red lipstick and was ready to go. I searched in my closet and found my black sneakers. I slipped them on and headed down stairs.

I heard Aunt Genia in the kitchen so I yelled from the other room so she wouldn't see my face.

"Hey I'm gonna hang out with the gang today. If I don't come home it's probably because I'm staying at Lucy's so don't flip out."

"Alrighty, I have my book club so I'll be gone for a little bit during the day in case you stop by," she called back from behind the newspaper.

I went out the door and headed my way down the street. Danny, Randy, and Ricky lived at the end of my street. It's just them over there. No parents or aunts or uncles to look after them.  They are on their own ever since Danny's and Ricky's dad got thrown into jail a month ago. Randy and Ricky now have part time jobs at the gas station. It was only about a five minute walk to the house. I could hear a lot of noise coming from inside so I knew I wasn't the first to arrive. I banged on the door and let myself in. 

"Hey guys!" I called to announce my arrival. Jimmy was sitting in front of the TV watching some cartoons, Danny was laying on the couch reading a book, Randy and Ricky were playing poker, and Jack was sitting in a chair messing around with his switchblade.

"Oh hey Blondie! I was thi-" Jimmy stopped talking as soon as he turned around. "Blondie what happened? Who did that to you?" Jimmy asked as he stood up to examine the cut. 

"Oh I'll tell ya what happened!" Randy began to tell the whole story.

"How was I supposed to know that the Richies would be in the field? I mean, it's deep in out turf!" I defended.

"She's right, so everyone lay off," Danny said as he shut his book and put in on the coffee table. I gave him a smile of gratitude and sat on the couch with him and Jimmy.

"Well, I didn't think it was possible but Blondie, it even makes you beatifuler!" Jimmy winked. Jimmy always did try to be the sweet talker.

"Uh, why thanks Jimmy.." I began

"It makes you look tough," he began to explain. "See, before you were just beautiful. Now you look beautiful and tough! Something every greaser wants in a girl," he said as he raised his eyebrows. I gave out a giggle and brushed it off.

"So what are we gonna do today?" I asked.

"Well, we're still waiting on Lucy," Jack said.

"What about Mike? When does he get off?" I asked.

"I think today he works only half the day so that Marty can spend the rest of the day doing inventory," Ricky began. "So it's ten forty-four now so once Lucy gets here we can drive over there."

"Go where?" Lucy asked as she entered the room. "Blondie! What happened?" I began to tell her the story so Randy wouldn't have the pleasure of making me sound stupid.

"Come on guys! Let's get in my truck and head over to Marty's to see if Mike is free," Ricky called as he headed out the door. Randy, Ricky, Lucy, and Jack climbed in the front while Danny, Jimmy, and I held on in the back. 

While we were on our way to the store Jimmy started singing some Elvis tunes. Elvis is basically Jimmy's idol. Right when Jimmy was finishing up "Heartbreak Hotel", we pulled up in the back of Marty's general store. 

"Hey Mike! We are gonna go catch a movie or something. Wanna come?" Ricky called from the steering wheel.

"Sure! I was just finishing up!" He walked over to the back and hopped in. He looked at my face and said, "Long story?"

"I'll tell ya later, but I'm alright."

"Alright everyone, before we go anywhere, we gotta figure out what we're gonna do. Movie? The lake? Rockets?" Lucy asked.

"Well I don't know about you guys, but I sure can eat," Mike answered.

"Psh, yeah when are you never hungry?" Jimmy joked. Mike punched him in the arm and Jimmy gave him a smirk.

"Yeah I can eat. Rockets sounds goods. They got the best milkshakes and burgers around!" Ricky said. We all agreed on getting some of the best burgers and shakes in town. We headed down the street to Rockets. We sat ourselves down at one of the tables and ordered our food. I ordered my favorite. Vanilla milkshake and fries.

"So.. I heard that they are playing some good movies tonight at the drive in. Let's go there tonight," Jimmy said between a mouth full of food.

"What the hell man, you eat like a pig," Jack smirked. Jack was stretched out in his seat with his feet on the table and a coke in one hand. He was eyeing some Richie girls across the room. I really hoped he wasn't going to try to make any trouble. He is usually the reason we get thrown out of places. 

While Jack wasn't looking Jimmy dumped a handful of salt in his drink. 

"After this, what do yall wanna do?" Lucy asked as she looked up from Mike's fries. 

"I don't know about you guys but I wanna get even with those Richies," Randy said.

"Come on Randy, what are we gonna do?" I said. "Even if we did do something, we'd be in a lot of shit. The fuzz is always looking for a reason to put some greasers away." 

"Listen, don't ya wanna get even with them after what they did to your face?" Jack spat back.

"Well hell ya I do, but how? Is it even possible to get even with a Richie and not  get thrown in the cooler?"

"Well listen. Ok so what two things do we know Richies end up doing every night?" Jack motioned for us to lean in. 

"Well one is gang up on greasers," Danny remarked while looking at me.

"Good," Jack said lifting up his pointer finger. "That's one. Give me one more."

"Well... Uh, get drunk I guess," Lucy said.

Jack lifted his thumb, "exactly.... That's two! Lets get em' while they're drunk. They won't know what hit em'! We will all be there to knock the day lights outta them!"

"I dunno Jack..." Danny started. "They can be dangerous when they're drunk. What if something goes wrong?"

"Danny, Danny, listen.. Don't you wanna get them back after what they did to Blondie?"

"Jack you hell as know I do!"

"Then let's do it! We'll go to the movies then when it's over we will find those drunk Richies and beat the crap outta them."

I looked over to see Jimmy, Randy, Lucy, Mike, and Ricky with a smile on their face. I looked over to Danny and he wasn't smiling. You could tell in his eyes that he thought something bad was going to happen. 

"Come on guys," Jack said as he lit a cigarette. "What's the worst that could happen?"

_________________________________________________

End of Chapter 3

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS!!!! they mean a lot

I usually post a chapter a day so keep checking for updates!