Chapter Twenty-Two: Randy

Mike opened the door to Jack's car and I hopped in next to Jimmy and Lucy in the backseat. Danny sat next to me and Mike sat upfront with Jack and Ricky. Jack stepped on the gas and we flew down the street towards the hospital.

"What's wrong with Randy?" I asked.

"He's not doin so good," Jack said as he tightened his grip on the steering wheel.

"Like how? How bad is it?" Lucy asked.

"How the hell should I know! I ain't no doctor!" he yelled back. He took a deep breath. "Listen, I went by to see how he was doing and he was awake. But he said he felt real weak and that he wasn't sure how much longer he had. Since we are all basically his family, I knew that you guys should see him... You know.. In case..." Jack drifted off. But we all knew what he ment. Jack thought he was dying.

Jack was making dozens of sharp turns around cars and we were flying around in the back.

"Jack! Ease up!" Jimmy cried. "Or else we will be the ones in a hospital bed!" 

"It's all my fault..." Jack whispered.

"What are you talking about Jack? How is this your fault?" Ricky asked. Jack glanced at Ricky for a second and shook his head.

"It was my plan! My idea! I was the one that said 'Hey let's go after the Richies! What could go wrong?' I am the reasons those kids are dead and I'm the reason the Richies are out after us and I'm the reason Randy got shot!" he screamed. We all became silent.

"Jack.. It ain't your fault,'' Mike began.

"I killed that Richie too!" exclaimed Danny. "It's my fault."

"No! It's not! It's none of your guys' fault!!" I screamed. Everyone got quiet and looked at me. "Now stop being so hard on yourself guys! It's the Richies fault! Nobody else's!"

We all fell silent as we sped towards the hospital. Each of us had different thoughts going on in our minds.

Jack skidded to a hault and we piled out of the car. Once everyone was out we raced inside. We piled in the elevator and slowly made our way up to level 7. We stood around anxiously waiting. Once the doors opened we ran out down the hall toward Randy's room. A tall doctor stopped us in our tracks.

"Where do you think you're going?" he asked.

"Listen! My cousin is in 7D and we gotta see him!" Danny yelled. One of the security guards who was standing by the stairs came over and stood next to the doctor.

"I'm afraid you won't be able to see him right now," he said as he looked down at his clipboard. "He is in a very critical condition."

"Ya! We know! That's why we gotta see him!" Jack yelled. 

"Doc said you can't see him," the security guard enforced. We all looked at each other. I saw Ricky wink at Jack.

"Gentlemen..." Ricky said as he went up and put his arm around the doctor. He continued to try and convince him to let us see Randy. Lucy and Mike were begging the security guard but he kept shaking his hand.

I stood there running my hands through my hair. What were we gonna do? I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turned to see Jack, Danny, and Jimmy. Jack winked at me and signaled over to Randy's room. Jack snuck by the doctor and the guard and signaled to Ricky, Mike, and Lucy to continue distracting them. Danny grabbed my hand and lead me over to Randy's room. We closed the door behind us and locked it. 

We all went over to Randy's bedside. Jack was right, Randy didn't look too good. He was very pale. So pale he almost blended in with the sheets. He looked like he hadn't eaten in a week. Needles were poking out of his arms and he was attached to so many machines that I've never seen before.

"Hey Randy," Danny whispered in a soothing voice. Randy's eyes slowly flickered open.

"D-Danny?" he gasped.

"Ya buddy. It's me... Jack, Blondie, and Jimmy are here too. The rest of the gang is on their way," he smiled. Randy slowly started to let out a grin but he clenched his teeth together in pain and shrieked. I jumped back in surprise. Tears started to fill my eyes. It was hard seeing Randy like this.

"Randy!" Jimmy cried. "W-what's the matter man? What's wrong?"

Randy turned his head so he could see all of us.

"The doctor.... Tells me that... I-it got.. I-infected," he choked. "And.. That it's p-poisoning... My blood..." he let out a dry chuckle. "At first I t-though it was... Bull... But, I ain't feelin... too good." There was a knock on the door. I looked through the small window and saw Ricky. I unlocked the door and let him in. He headed over to Randy and I locked the door.

"Where's Lucy and Mike? And what about the doctor and guard?" I asked.

"Lucy pretended to faint and Mike and the guard carried her to where ever the doc lead em'" he explained. "Hey Randy... Looking hot!" Ricky smiled.

Randy just shook his head. "It was... em' Richies, Ricky... I was goin to... get my wallet when... they just came outta no.. where."

"We know..." Jimmy said. Randy started to sit up when he clenched his stomach and cried out in pain.

"Randy!" I cried. I ran over to him and laid his head back down on the pillow. "Just try not to move." I stepped back and stood next to Danny. Tears were forming in his eyes.

"We'll get em' Randy. We'll get those sons of bitches for ya. They are gonna pay for what they did," Jack  yelled as he looked Randy in his eyes. Randy smiled and winked at him. 

"I-i'm sorry I won't be there... I wonder where my... folks are.. They'd be happy that... I'm here... They never loved me... Huh, did they? Well... At least they won't.. have the pleasure.. of knowing" Randy gasped.

"Who cares about them! We love ya man!" Ricky cried. And then it happened. He just died... His eyes were left staring at the floor but there wasn't any life left in them. He didn't even look dead really...

"R-randy?" Ricky mumbled. Jack went up to him and lightly punched his arm.

"Randy... Come on now... D-don't die on me.. I need my fighting partner.." Tears started to fill Jack's eyes. That was the first time I had ever seen Jack Winchester cry. Danny turned to me and buried his face in my shoulder as he cried. Tears slowly trickled down my face as I stood their looking at his lifeless body. Randy was dead...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End of Chapter 22!

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT!!! Tell me what you think! :)

Sorry that it took a while to post this

I usually post a chapter everyday