Chapter Fourteen: Research

Jimmy jumped up from his poker game with Mike and asked, "Does anyone wanna go to the movies?" It had been a couple hours since all the guys came home, and everyone was relaxing.

"Sure!" Randy said as he turned off the TV. Ricky nodded his head in agreement and Mike went to get his coat.

I glanced at Lucy and Danny.

"Uh, I think I'll stay here and relax," Danny said.

"Um me too. I 'll just hang for a little and then I'll head home," I put in.

"Oh, I'll stay and then walk home with you Blondie," Lucy said in return.

"Okay then," Ricky said as he walked out the door. 

"We'll see ya guys later," Randy called as he followed Ricky out of the door. Mike waved as he proceeded.

"Ya sure you guys are gonna stay here?" Jimmy asked. We all nodded. "Okay... I'll see you guys tomorrow then." He closed the door behind him and I heard them drive away. Once we were sure they were gone we stood up and headed to Ricky's room. We went over to his book shelf and found last year's yearbook.

"He's in the same grade as Ricky and Randy... If it's really him.." I told them. Danny flipped to where all their pictures were. He scanned all the tiny pictures and his finger landed on the portrait photo of one of the Richies that had been killed. 

"Mark Anderson..." Lucy whispered. It was the Richie that Jack had killed. We all looked at the face that we had murdered. He looked so happy in the picture. Not a worry in the world. It was hard to imagine that he was now dead

"Keep looking for the other one," I told Danny. He flipped through the pages until his finger stopped on the photo of the other Richie that was murdered. 

"Carl Johns..." Lucy murmured. "What's Scott's last name?" she asked.

"Uh, I'm not sure..."

"Go back and look for Scott," Lucy instructed.

Danny flipped the pages back until he reached a familiar face.

"Scott Johns..." Danny said.

"Oh, god... It really was him. We really did kill his brother!" I exclaimed.

"Wow, they look a lot a like too!" Lucy remarked.

"Carl Johns.... That name sounds familiar..." Danny whispered to himself.

"Yeah it's familiar! We killed him!" I shrieked. My heart started racing and my hands started shaking.

"No, that's not what I mean! I think Ricky knew him.."

"Were they friends?" Lucy asked.

"Far from it," he replied. "Any time Ricky came home with a few cuts and bruises, it was from him."

I was still shaking and my eyes started to fill with tears. We killed Scott's brother... How could I look at him the same way? I had ruined his life. It was all my fault...

Danny put his arms around me and I rested my head on his shoulder.

"It's gonna be okay Blondie..." he whispered.

"It's just..." I began. "I don't know how I can keep this from him. I- I feel terrible..." I couldn't help it anymore. I started to break down in tears. "It's all my fault!" I sobbed.

"Blondie, it ain't your fault," Lucy tried to convince. "I know you want to tell him so you can get it off your chest, but it will only hurt  more. We will all go to the cooler. It will hurt him more if you tell him that he was murdered." 

"Blondie, think of it this way. You aren't lying to him, or hurting him. You're protecting him..." Danny had a point. If I did tell Scott he would hate me and would be hurt.

"I guess you're right..." I said in return.

"So don't say anything, and nobody get hurts..." Danny put in. I sat up and he wiped away my tears.

"Okay," I smiled. 

"So it's now back to how it's supposed to be. Nothing happened. Blondie fell off her bike, and the rest of you guys got into a fight," Lucy grinned. We all smiled. 

We stood up and I looked at the clock. It was 5:34.

"I should get going," I said. I walked over to the door. Lucy followed.

"Me too. I'll walk with ya. We'll see ya tomorrow Danny!" she called as she exited through the front door. I was right behind her but stopped in the doorway and turned around to face Danny.

"Danny?" He walked over in front of me.

"Yea?"

"I just wanna say thanks... For everything," I smiled. He grinned back, He put his arm around my shoulder and kissed my cheek.

"No problem doll face," he winked. I laughed and headed out the door to catch up with Lucy.

Everything was going to be okay.. I couldn't let Scott know a thing... To protect him.

_________________________________________________

End of chapter 14! Sorry that this one was a little shorter than the others

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE COMMENT!!!

I post chapters and dedicate them to fans everyday so keep checking for updates :)