Chapter 23

Brady's POV
"Ok. So that's the plan. You got it?" Michael asked me.

I sighed. "Michael, she's gonna get mad-"

"Brady, I have to take the risk. I really want her to get over her stage fright. Just trust me."

I sighed, rubbing the back of my neck. We were at Homecoming.

Today had been good. We'd all been getting ready for it. Sergio and Lauren came together, Drew and Lily came together, Marcus and Bri came together, Chance ended up asking Ally too, then of course me and Mack and Sam and Michael.

Everyone had been having fun and dancing, but I hadn't gotten to much yet since I was the first one to perform. Then it will be Michael, then the top 15, then In Real Life.

I was singing I'm Not the Only One by Sam Smith, just like I did on Boy Band.

Samantha had helped me prepare, and even sung with me sometimes when I practiced, since this time I was accompanying myself on guitar.

So, in about five minutes, Michael was supposed to call her over to me, I was supposed to fake nervousness, and ask her to please practice with me real fast. Then the curtain would open and I'd just introduce her and have her sing with me.

Sam was not only my best friends girlfriend, and my girlfriends best friend, she was also one of my best friends.

I don't know if I can do this to her.

I looked at Michael's pleading eyes and sighed. He really loves her and wants to help her. I guess I should help him.

"Fine. I'll do it. Have you told her about the creepy notes you've been getting?"

He gulped. "Uh, no. No I haven't. In fact, I should be with her right now. Where is she? I don't want her to leave my sight... Brady I'm so scared..."

"That's why you should tell her!!" I said.

He shook his head. "Then she'll just be paranoid the whole time. I want her to have fun."

"Hate to break it to you, but whoever this creeper is doesn't care if she's having fun, he's planning on taking her."

He fell silent. He looked at his watch and then looked around.

"You're on in three minutes. I'm going to get Sam." Then he left.

I blew out a breath. Not gonna lie, I'm nervous for this night.

I've never slow danced with a girl before and I was nervous to dance with Mack.

I'm nervous to perform in front of my entire new school.

I'm nervous that Sam is going to have a breakdown and this "surprise performance" is going to go horribly wrong.

I'm nervous that the guy after Sam is going to do something horrible.

"Brady what's wrong?" Sam asked, jogging over, interrupting my thoughts.

"Oh. Um, hey I'm really nervous, can you like help me sing a little bit right now before I go?"

She gave me a look like she didn't believe me and I inwardly groaned. I'm a horrible liar.

"Um sure. Start with the chorus."

I strummed on my guitar and we sang the chorus together, then the curtain dropped.

I smiled at her. "You're gonna sing with me."

Her jaw dropped, her eyes wide, as she turned to face the crowd.

She shook her head. "No. No Brady I can't."