Chapter 9

Samantha's POV
Logan was being really sweet. He'd walked me to the car, got the door for me, and got it for me again when we got there.

He even pulled out my chair for me once we'd gotten inside.

But... now here we were kind of just sipping our drinks, waiting for our food, in awkward silence.

"So..." I said. I really didn't know what to talk to him about.

"So... do you like sports?" He asked.

I shook my head. "I play basketball with my brother, but that's about it. I'm mostly terrible at every other sport and don't like them very much. I'm more of a music person," I said, laughing.

"Oh... I don't really like music. I just did choir cause I didn't like the other options as electives," he said.

So, so far we had nothing in common.

Terrific.

We sat there awkwardly sipping our drinks and I realized there was one person on my mind—and it wasn't Logan.

It was Michael. Ever since I'd found out he was single today I couldn't get him out of my head.

I was hoping I'd get over it during my date and realize that I like Logan more, but...

"Attention please!!" Someone said over the mic.

The Slice was really cool. It was a pizza place, and it had a stage that anyone could perform on. I'd sing up there if I didn't have horrible stage fright.

"We have our first performer of the night! Give it up for... Michael Conor!!!"

I gasped.

Michael walked up to the mic.

"Um- hi everyone. This is just a little something I wrote.. for someone in here. I hope she gets the message."

His eyes locked with mine and I swear my heart stopped.

He turned to the drummer. "Gimme a beat," he instructed.

It hit me that he was going to rap.

He opened his mouth and did exactly that.

"Got me goin' crazy baby
I could never replace you
This is more to me than just love girl
I got places I can take you from a princess to a queen, still the finer things don't impress her
I'm a king, I've just been missin my coretta
I can feel it in ya."

"Wow. That sucked. I feel bad for whoever he was trying to send that message to," Logan said.

I turned to him, jaw dropped.

"What? What's wrong?" He asked, putting his hand over mine.

I yanked it away. "You. I'm sorry Logan, but I can't do this. I have feelings for someone else. You're a great guy... but I can't. I'm sorry."

I looked around for Michael but he'd already left.

"Samantha," Logan hummed, standing up and grabbing my hand.

I yanked it away. "No. I'm sorry Logan, it's over."

With that, I took off to find Michael.

Michael's POV
I sighed, sitting on the curb behind the Slice and staring at the napkin I'd wrote the lyrics down on.

After I'd rapped, I'd looked at Sam and she'd just been holding Logan's hand and talking to him.

Guess it didn't work.

With a groan, I buried my face in my hands.

"Michael?"

I looked up and saw Samantha.

Maybe it had worked...

She sat next to me. "That was amazing."

"I did it for you, Sam," I said, turning to look at her.

She shook her head. "But why? Why me?"

I took her hand and kissed her cheek. I pulled back and looked in her eyes. "Because you're special. You're an adorable, fun person that I've wanted to get to know better since the day I walked you to history class."

She smiled shyly. "Really?"

"Really. Now-" I took a deep breath and stood up, still holding her hand but now standing in front of her. "Samantha Max, as you told me your name was that day, would you be my girlfriend?"

She smiled, stood and hugged me.

"I would absolutely love to, Conor Smith," she said, laughing.

I made a face at her as we pulled away. "Who told you my real name?"

"Brady."

I groaned. "Only you get to call me that."

She smiled the smile that'd made my heart skip since the first time I'd seen her. "Okay."

I took her hand. "So... since your date is obviously over, is it cool if I take you on one now?"

She laughed. "Yes. But it doesn't have to be anything fancy, don't worry."

"I have an idea. But, I literally ran here, so I need to grab some things. Can you meet me at the park down the street in 15 minutes?" I asked.

"Michael, you don't have to-"

"Stop. I want to make this special," I said, smiling a reassuring smile. "Please?"

She sighed, but grinned. "Fine. I'll see you there."

I kissed her cheek and took off running once again.

/

/

And everyone said

"Awwwww!!!"

Anyways, heyyyy! Finally updated.

Thoughts?

Predictions?

Feedback?

Also did you guys see that the boys are currently at the same hotel they stayed at during Boy Band? Brb I'm gonna go cry 🤧🤧