Chapter 3

Brady's POV
"Hey boys. How was your first day?" Dena asked as Michael and I walked in the door of the Smith house.

She had cookies and milk out on the kitchen table, where some of Michaels siblings sat eating the snack.

"Well, we didn't get mobbed TOO much. Well, actually, Michael did," I said, laughing as I shut the front door behind us.

"I got asked to freestyle at least 63 and a half times," Michael said, throwing his backpack in the middle of the floor and sitting at the kitchen table.

"And he did every time," I said, sitting next to him.

"Did not!! I did, like, 5 times," he said.

"I'm the most popular kid in my school now cause of you. Thanks Conor," Patrick, Michael's little brother, said and we all laughed.

"Same here," Erica, Michael's sister, said.

Dena sighed. "Maybe I should have homeschooled after all," she said.

Michael shook his head. "We'll be fine, mom."

Dena went upstairs, and Erica and Patrick left the room.

"So I met a girl today and she said she met you," Michael said, eating his third cookie.

I laughed. "I met A LOT of girls today, be more specific," I said.

He laughed. "Right. Um, she's new. Her name's Samantha."

I nodded. "Oh yeah! Yeah she's new, I helped her find her locker. She's a junior, she's pretty cool," I said, heading to the kitchen to grab some pizza snacks. I'd had three cookies and was still hungry.

He nodded. "Yeah, I helped her find her way to her first class. Get this— she didn't know who I was. And she didn't seem to know who you actually were either," he said.

I shook my head. "No, I don't think she does. She must've not heard of us or watched Boy Band."

He nodded. "She stuttered a little when I talked to her, but I think she's just shy. She didn't scream or hyperventilate or forget how to breath like some of the other girls," he said, rolling his eyes.

I laughed. "Yeah, she is kinda shy. But once you talk to her for awhile she's pretty cool," I said.

He nodded and I smirked.

"What made you bring her up?" I asked.

"Was just wondering," he said.

I smirked. "Right."

He rolled his eyes. "Really. You know I've been dating Juliet—"

"For two years and you guys are very happy together, blah blah blah," I finished.

He laughed, then checked his watch. "That reminds me, I'm supposed to go to her house to hang out. Wanna come?"

I made a face. "And be a third wheel? No thanks. I'll stay and play video games with Brendan and Patrick," I said.

He laughed. "Alright, See ya," he said and headed out the door.

I was about to head upstairs when the doorbell rang.

"I got it," I called and went to the door.

I opened it and saw a girl about my age standing there. She had brown curly hair that went a little past her shoulders, ocean blue eyes, and freckles scattered across her face.

"Oh- wow you're Brady— I mean, uh, sorry. I'm new in the neighborhood and this is embarrassing but Mom said to come ask if you have a stick of butter that you can lend to us. She's trying to make cookies and we're out of butter," she said, laughing.