Chapter 12

Sam's POV
As I walked up to school, I noticed something different. There were posters everywhere and everyone seemed.... excited?? Everyone was running around and chattering.

The atmosphere was different. No one is usually this upbeat in the morning. Something's up.

I opened the front doors of the school and walked into the hallway to get a poster slapped over my face.

"Vote for Heather for homecoming queen!!"

I groaned, ripping the poster off my face to see one Heathers side chicks run off.

"You ever experienced Homecoming Madness?" I turned to see Brady laughing at me.

I shook my head laughing as I stuffed the poster in a nearby trash can. "Never. When even is Homecoming?"

"A month from today."

"WHAT?! Then why is everyone freaking out?!" I asked annoyed.

"Cause they just announced who's performing at Homecoming this year, and now everyone's freaking out," he explained.

As we walked down the hallway, my ears tuned to all the chatter going on around me.

"OMG I hope I get to dance with Chance. Wouldn't that be amazing??? He's sooooo hot."

"I already bought my dress. Carter asked me to the dance. I'm so excited!!"

"I feel like everyone's gonna vote for Heather just cause she's so intimidating and will kill you if you don't vote for her."

"I can't believe they got In Real Life to come to OUR school. That's insane!"

"Marcus is so sweet I think I'll faint when I meet him."

Before I could ask Brady who In Real Life was, I noticed Ethan, the most popular guy in school and the quarterback, coming towards us in the hallway followed by his minions.

I made a face. Ethan was the guy that Heather dumped by brother to be with.

So much had happened in just the two weeks I'd been here.

"Hey opera singer. How does it feel to know the band you could've been in is coming here? Sucks to be you," Ethan said, shoved Brady against the locker, then walked away laughing.

Brady groaned, rubbing his head.

"You okay?" I asked touching his arm.

"Fine."

I sighed. "Michael would've saved you from that one. It sucks that he's sick," I said.

Even though I had just seen him yesterday I already missed him. Poor guy woke up with a sore throat. I was hoping to take him some soup after school.

He groaned. "I know. I think he just faked sick to get away from Homecoming madness," he said.

I laughed. "I would've done that if I knew it started today."

He laughed.

Just then the bell rang, indicating we had five minutes to get to first period. "I waved at Brady. See you at geometry" I said, then we split up.

-

The end of first period bell rang and I grimaced. Geometry was my least favorite for two reasons: 1. I didn't understand it 2. Heather was in the class. The only thing that got me through it was the fact that Brady and Mackenzie were with me.

I ran into Brady in the hall and we walked to class together. "Mike texted me and said he's about to die of boredom," Brady said, laughing.

I laughed. "Same. We texted all through first period—I almost got caught."