Chapter 21

Sam's POV
"What? No. Do I have to?" Drew asked.

"Yessss" we all chorused.

He shook his head, but he was smiling. I knew he secretly wanted to.

"Yes. Go invite her to come sit with us. And hurry up cause it looks like she's about to leave," I said.

He sighed, scrambling to his feet. "Fine.

He made his way over to the parking lot, where the girl was walking to her truck.

She'd parked near we were, so we all went silent and strained to hear the conversation.

"Um, hi I'm Drew Ramos... and uh... well you see..." Drew stuttered.

The girl smiled. "Yeah, you're in In Real Life right? I love your music," she said.

Amusingly, she was way calmer than Drew.

"Oh cool! Yeah I am. Um, I'm sitting with my band over there and the rest of the top 15 from Boy Band... I mean, I dunno if you watched the show, but like, In Real Life is a band because we won the show Boy Band, and.... um... they dared me to come ask you to join us," he rambled.

Several of us had to cover our mouths from laughter, and I buried my face in Michael's chest, laughing.

"Sure!! I'm Lily by the way," the girl replied as they walked over.

"Oh cool, nice to meet you," he said, much more calmly.

He sat back down in his place in the circle, and Chance scooted over making room for her to sit between them.

"Hey guys this is Lily," Drew said as they sat down.

"We know. We heard the whole thing," Cam said blatantly, so Jaden elbowed him while we all snickered.

"We're playing truth or dare. Drew was staring at you so we dared him to ask you to join. So welcome," Chance said bluntly, causing Drew to elbow him very hard in the stomach.

Michael, Jay and I burst out laughing, causing everyone else to laugh as well since Jay's laugh is extremely contagious.

Soon we'd all gotten ahold of ourselves and continued to eat.

"Someone go," Drew said, obviously embarrassed at our behavior.

"Ok. Marcus truth or dare," Mikey asked.

"Dare."

Mikey thought for a minute, and looked around.

His eyes stopped on a girl riding her bike on the sidewalk.

Mikey gestured to the girl. "Go ask that girl for her number. You don't have to invite her to join us or anything, just get the digits."

We all laughed and said "ohhhh."

"Do it!!" Dorian said.

"Go get em!!" Jaden said, and he and Cam shoved Marcus to his feet.

Marcus shook his head. "I hate this game," he said laughing.

"You never know, you could be thanking him later," Lauren said teasingly.

Marcus just grinned and called out to the girl.

"Hey!!"

The girl slowed, then stopped, raising an eyebrow at him.

We all strained to hear, but couldn't really hear.

"Dang it! We're too far away to hear what's gonna go down," Miles said.

"I have an idea. Jay come with me," Cam said, scrambling to his feet.