Chapter 7

Samantha's POV
I stared at the instagram notification on my phone screen.
@Loganscott has requested to follow you.

Yesterday in choir tryouts (Miss Warren was actually super cool and didn't make us tryout, thank God) we'd talked here and there. He was really sweet... and yes, very attractive.

Attractive as Michael??

I'd thought there wasn't such a human, until I'd seen him.

His emerald green eyes, his perfect smile, his freckles, and...

I pressed accept.

I followed him back, and the next notification was a direct message.

I looked out the window at the driveway of Michael and Shawn playing basketball.

Yes, I'd been drawn to Michael ever since I'd met him.

Yes, I had a crush on him. I mean who wouldn't? He was so sweet, super attractive, talented, funny...

But it was no use. He's had a girlfriend for two years and it doesn't look like they're breaking up anytime soon.

I looked back at my phone.

I started typing.

Michael's POV
Shawn and I finished the game. And yes, I'd won.

But by only one point. Shawn was good.

He invited me in for a drink, and we were now sitting in the kitchen.

"So, where's your parents?" I asked, taking a long sip of Gatorade.

"Work, like always," Shawn said with a sigh.

I nodded. I couldn't really relate- my mom was a stay at home mom, and my dad had a job but he wasn't a workaholic. They'd always been there for me, I couldn't imagine it any differently.

I heard footsteps and saw Samantha coming down the stairs, texting on her phone.

I smiled. "Hey Sam."

I mentally facepalmed. I just met the girl and I was already calling her a nickname. What's wrong with me?

She gave me a small smile. "Hi Michael. Hey Shawn. Who won?" She asked, grabbing a banana out of a fruit basket on the kitchen tab.

"Michael did," Shawn said.

She grinned. "Nice," she said, high-fiving me.

I grinned, glad she was talking to me for once. "Thanks."

She turned and ran back upstairs, and I found myself once again staring after her.

I don't know why, but there's something about her. But I needed to stop thinking about her. 

*
The next day at school Juliet was home sick and Brady had a different lunch period  I wasn't sure who to sit with.

The crowd of girls around me in the lunch line were all asking me to sit with them and asking me a million questions, and I was getting annoyed.

I spotted Samantha several people back in line, and I was going to wave, but she was talking to someone.

The same guy she'd been sitting with in choir tryouts.

Soon I'd gotten my lunch and drink, and I stood in the back of the cafeteria, scanning for a place to sit.

"Michael?" A voice asked and I turned and saw Samantha.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Do you wanna sit with us?" She asked, smiling a friendly smile. She stood next to the same guy.