Chapter 5

Michael's POV
"So are you guys gonna release your own stuff or what?" Mackenzie asked.

We'd just told them all about Boy Band.

I nodded, touching my hair. "Me and Ray, my manager, have been working on some stuff. Hoping to actually record a new single sometime next week," I said.

"I'm writing a song right now. Might release it on SoundCloud soon," Brady said.

I saw Mackenzie smile at him and I smirked. They were gonna be dating in no time.

"Um,  you guys gonna be in choir? Tryouts are tomorrow" Samantha asked, twirling a blonde curl around her finger.

I nodded and so did Brady. "You?" I asked.

She nodded. "I love to sing." She avoided looking at me. Why did she act so nervous and shy around me all the time?? I was nothing to be afraid of.

And more importantly.. why do I care??

"Ayyy, we should collab sometime" Brady said and she grinned.

"That'd be cool."

"What about you Mack?" Brady asked.

Aww, he'd already nicknamed her.

She caught it too, she was blushing.

"Um, I can't really sing. I'll be in choir, but I'll just lip sync," she said, and we all laughed.

"I love to dance though. I'm hoping to start dance class at that studio in town," she said.

"Oh that's cool! One of our music teachers teaches that actually," I said, and she nodded.

"I met her, she's pretty cool. I'm supposed to try out soon," she said.

"Maybe I should take it too. I can't dance to save my life," Brady said, and we all laughed.

"Same," I said at the same time as Samantha, and we laughed again.

We held each other's gaze a minute, til she looked away.

Brady noticed and started raising his eyebrows until I kicked him, to which he yelled "Ow!!!" Then whacked me with a pillow.

Samantha laughed. "As funny as this is, I gotta get home. I have homework and Shawn and I are supposed to have a rematch in basketball," she said to Brady, standing up.

I smiled. "I still need to come over sometime and play him," I said, getting up and walking her to the door.

Mackenzie also said bye to Brady and followed us to the door.

She laughed. "That'd Be- Uh, fun to watch.Thanks for having us," she said, waved again to Brady, and walked down the front steps.

And for some unknown reason, I found myself staring after her.

Brady's POV
I turned to Michael after he shut the door behind the girls.

"Dude. What's up with you?" I asked.

He looked at me weird. "What do you mean?"

"I'm pretty sure you stared at Samantha like 65 times," he said.

"Did not!! Why would I?" I said, shaking my head as we headed upstairs.

"Cause. Michael Conor's got a crushhhhh," he said in a childish voice and I rolled my eyes.

"You just want me to like her cause she's friends with Mackenzie," I said accusingly.

"No- although that would be cute. Two best friends liking two best friends. It's perfect!!" He said.

I laughed. "They're not best friends, they met yesterday," I said.

"Whatever. Anyways, I think you and Sam would be cute together."

"Whatever. I wasn't staring at her. I barely know her, plus I have a girlfriend," I said, flopping on my back onto my bed.

"Whatever you say. I'm going to play video games with Patrick," he said, and left the room.

I laid there, lost in thought.

I didn't like Sam. She was just a pretty girl who was friends with Brady. If anything he liked her, and it was going to turn into a love triangle of him Mackenzie in Samantha.

And I'd be happy with Juliet, not having to worry about it.

But whether I wanted to admit it or not, my gut told me I was wrong.

*

Samantha's POV
I was so sick of school, and it was only the third day.

But praise God, today was Friday.

I tapped my foot impatiently, looking at the clock for the fiftieth time. After this class it was choir tryouts and then I could get out of here.

"Samantha? What is the atomic number of silver?" My chemistry teacher, Mrs. Bradley, asked and my face flushed.

I HATED talking in front of the class.

Class presentations were my worst nightmare, along with reading out loud, and answering questions. Which is why I was nervous beyond belief for choir tryouts as well, but I really wanted to be in choir. But hopefully we didn't have to tryout in front of everybody.

I peered into my book at the periodic chart and found it.

"Um- it's forty. Seven. Yeah. 47," I said, brilliantly.

A couple kids snickered.

"Thank you. Please focus up front and not on the clock," She said, and I blushed even more.

I tried to focus for the rest of class, but all I could think about was choir tryouts and wonder if I'd be able to talk to Michael without stuttering for once.

/

/

I almost made this longer, but I didn't 🤷‍♀️ it's kind of a filler sorry things will get better and more interesting soon I promise

I feel like I haven't updated in agessss but it's been like less than a week but this week has felt soooo long.

Anyways TGIF!!!!

I love this picture so much and it's my new home screen, so enjoy 💞💞

Also please go check out my friends Ally and Lauren's Boy Band elimination game books!!! Irwinner15 LaurenEmidd  ones a kiss marry ditch game and the other is a boy band war zone game and

Also please go check out my friends Ally and Lauren's Boy Band elimination game books!!! Irwinner15 LaurenEmidd ones a kiss marry ditch game and the other is a boy band war zone game and... I don't want to explain lol just go check it out 😂😂😂

Hope you guys have a good weekend. Hoping to update more soon 💞

-Kaitlyn