Chapter 26

Sam's POV
I dashed out of last period, chemistry, the second the bell rang.

Between the showdown between all the pictures of me around school, the death glares, and the showdown of Mackenzie and Ashley... it's been a long day.

I made it to my locker, stuffing my books in there. She'd been nice to not give us homework since "Homecoming part 2" is tonight.

I sighed, putting books in my locker.

I checked my locker mirror, fluffing my curls and a face appeared behind me.

An instant smile came over my face as he wrapped his arms around me.

Since Michael was a senior, he'd actually gotten dismissed two hours ago.

He'd probably been practicing in the gym with all the guys.

"Hey" he said, kissing my cheek.

"Hey," I said.

He frowned, sensing I was distressed.

"What's up?"

"Just a long day," I said, closing my locker and turning to face him.

He smiled. "Well, forget all that. I have a surprise for you," he said, putting his arm around my shoulder as we walked out of school.

"Really? What?" I asked, getting excited.

"Well... I know your dress is ripped from he who shall not be named grabbing you Saturday night, and it's probably something you don't wanna wear again anyway. So I figured I'd take you out to lunch then take you to buy a new homecoming dress," he said as we approached his car.

My eyes filled with tears. "Really?"

"Yeah! Whyre you crying," he asked laughing, giving me a hug.

"Because... you're just amazing. I'm lucky to have you," I said.

He kissed my forehead. "I'm the lucky one. Now let's go, I'm hungry," he said, so we got in the car.

"Where to?" He asked me.

I smiled. "Guess."

"Chipotle!!" We exclaimed in unison.

He took my hand, holding it over the console. "This is why I love you."

Michael Conor LOVES me. I still can't get my mind around it sometimes.

"So I wanna show you something..." he said, suddenly seeming nervous.

"Ok?" I asked, laughing.

"It's just... an EP I just recorded with Ray last week. You've only heard me rap on stage a couple times and I just... I really hope you like it," he said, plugging in his phone to the aux.

I squeezed his hand. "Of course I'll love it Michael. Especially if it's just as fire as My Dawgs," I said, smirking.

My Dawgs is a song Michael recorded a year ago. He says he doesn't like it, but I know he secretly does.

He stuck his tongue out at me playfully, then said "Shut up."

The music started.

"This is 'No Regrets,'" he said.

The intro started, and it was Michael singing 'na na na na na na".

I threw him a grin and he blushed. He's always so insecure about his vocals, even though he can sing SO good.

I listened to the words as he rapped.

"I was never the kid that they believed in, that's just how it goes in Cleveland.