Chapter 4

Samantha's POV
It was my second day of school and I'd just gotten to geometry. I watched the door, impatient for Brady to get here.

Soon he walked in, smiled at me and sat beside me just like yesterday.

"Greetings," he said.

"Salutations."

He laughed, then pulled out his things for class.

"Why didn't you just TELL me you were on a tv show? Did you think I wouldn't find out from somewhere else?" I blurted out.

He winced. "I'm sorry. I just wanted to tell you the whole story at once, not having to just tell you bits and pieces in between classes, you know?" He asked.

I sighed. "I understand. Sorry."

He shook his head. "It's fine. If we didn't have a different lunch periods I'd tell you then. Seniors and juniors have lunch together, and we sophomores have to have it with freshmen," he said, making a face.

I laughed. "I'm sorry."

His face lit up. "Hey! Michael said he saw you guys yesterday and that you only live one street over from us. Maybe you could come over and hang out today? Then we'll tell you everything," he promised.

Go to Michael's house??

The guy who I had only known for one day and already couldn't get him out of my head??

The one who had a girlfriend?

"Or not.. I mean, if you really don't want to it's fine" Brady said, probably reading my face.

I shook my head. "No it's fine, I'd love to. Thanks," I said.

He nodded. "Cool."

Yeah. Great.

"BRADY!!!!!!" A girl squealed, and this time it wasn't the same girl as yesterday.

"Hi," Brady said.

"Oh my gosh, will you take a selfie with me?" She asked.

He smiled. "Sure," he said, getting up and taking her phone. He put his arm around her shoulder and they took the selfie.

"Thank you!!!" She said, hugged her phone and ran away.

Literally out of the classroom.

Guess she didn't have this class.

Brady shook his head. "That was a freshman. How'd she even know I'd be in this class?" He asked and I laughed.

"Samantha." A voice said and I looked up and saw Heather.

"Greetings," I said, using Brady's word from earlier, and he burst out laughing and it took everything in me not to do the same. His laugh was great.

I also couldn't believe I just did that. Usually when people treat me like Heather does I just shrink away.

Heather rolled her eyes, leaned forward onto my desk and said so only I could hear "I'm not sure why you think you're cool enough to flirt around with Brady and Michael Conor, but I wouldn't. Michael's going to be mine soon," she said.

A million responses swerved in my head for me to come up with, but my mouth felt dry. Instead of defending myself, or asking why on earth she thought she had a chance with Michael, I asked "What about Shawn?"

"Oh him? Don't worry. We're already pretty close. I think I'll keep him if Michael doesn't work out," she said, winked and walked away.

My face burned red. I had to tell Shawn this girl was bad news.