Chapter 40: The Warehouse

Lesedi

"That was touching...", Rodwick smirked.

"but...I said, dump him not give him hope – ", he added but I quickly interjected, "You want him to stop looking for me, don't you? If I said I was never coming back, he would've known something was wrong."

"There is hope for you still, sweet-cheeks", he remarked, his tone filled with amusement.

"We'll be making a pit-stop before we go home. I need to make sure lover boy doesn't do anything stupid.", he spoke.

"Home?", I asked with detest.

"Yes, home, sweet-cheeks. Our home. Who knew fate would bring us back together like this? From the day I found out my lawyer was living the life that was supposed to be mine, I began planning – planning our life, planning our future...if I couldn't come to you, you had to come to me.", he said.

Fate? What a load of horse-crap...

"Why couldn't you come to me?", I asked, figuring it was the most diplomatic way of phrasing, where the fuck did you disappear to instead of going to jail, you fucking freak?

"Because I had a fucking APB on my head. While you were in the hospital, that piece of shit, Noah told the cops I raped you – that's ten years in the God-damn slammer. How can you fucking, rape your own girlfriend? He was so damn convincing that the cops didn't believe me when I said we were just playing. I had to leave sweet-cheeks, leave to start afresh. I couldn't risk contacting you, in case, that shit-stain found out and told the cops where I was. I had almost lost all hope of seeing you again. You know, he always had it in for me. I don't know why you always insisted on hanging out with him and his faggot friend. You deserved so much better...", he ranted.

Faggot Friend? How dare you call him that, you waste of human tissue!

"Oh, we're almost here", he exclaimed with glee. 

"Niklas, werde dieses telefon los", he spoke to the driver. Telephone? I'm sure I heard telephone in there...

The car stopped within minutes and I was carried into a musky cold space. If death were a place, this is probably what it would feel like.

~~

Aiden

I took a deep breath to calm my nerves after Lessie hung up. 

I need a damn drink.

However, seeing how well that turned out the last time, a breather would just have to cut it. I looked around and gestured Logan to the loud crowded open area outside the hotel. I was probably being paranoid, but figured it was best to keep the risk of being overheard to a minimum, plus I needed the fresh air.

"We can't go to the cops – well, at least not yet", I spoke in a hushed tone.

"Why the hell not?", Logan asked surprised, "Is Lessie not kidnapped? Do we know where she is? Is she coming back?"