Chapter 11: The Nightmare of the Past

Lesedi

The water was freezing and shot daggers into my skin.

Before I had even absorbed what had just transpired, I felt warmth surround my lips.

It was Aiden; he wrapped his hands around me and I unconsciously did the same.

I was getting used to this, used to him; he was growing on me.

'He called me his girlfriend' , I thought, reenacting the moment in my mind.

I felt tingles rush through me, so I leaned in closer, almost addicted to the warmth of his body.

After a few minutes, we broke our kiss, continuing to peck each other's lips while grinning.

At that moment, everything came back to me.

"Kara!", I gasped into his lips, still entrapped in his embrace.

We turned our gaze towards Kara who was now entangled in Liam's grasp, kissing and caressing each other ferociously.

"I guess he took the news well...", I concluded, while what seemed to be Kara's bra floated across us.

"I think that's our cue", Aiden smirked and directed me out of the water while I quickly grabbed the lineup of intimates that kept popping out of it.

Once we reached the shore, I squeezed the water out of the wet garments and kept it next to the rest.

"Come on!", Aiden signaled while grabbing our clothes off the sand, linking our hands and running back to his car.

He unlocked the car and got into the driver's seat, turning the heater on.

I got in, opened the cubbyhole and grabbed some tissues to wipe ourselves.

Aiden proceeded to remove his boxers while I eyed him curiously.

"Don't get any ideas... ... yet", he smirked and put his pants on while going commando.

Handing me my top and jeans, he hurriedly put on his tee and reversed the vehicle.

I put my top on first and removed my wet bra.

"...and here I was waiting for a show", he looked at me and sighed dramatically.

"I didn't want to distract the designated driver", I said teasingly.

"Touché", he agreed.

I turned the radio on and changed the frequency to 98.9 - the club hopping party mix was on; it was way too late in the night for anything slower.

He interlinked his fingers with mine as we moved to the beat while we drove back home.

After we exited the highway, he passed the turning that led home and continued straight on.

"So, I guess we're heading over to yours?", I asked.

"Yeah, I didn't want to wake the boys up", he replied with a twinkle in his eye.

~~

"Go get the shower started, Lessie. I'll go get us some clean towels.", he instructed and headed downstairs to the laundry room.

I stripped off my sandy clothes, put them in the laundry basket and stepped into the shower cubicle.

After adjusting the heat of the water to just the right temperature, I let it invade my skin completely.