Chapter 10: The Naked Truth

Lesedi

"Where's your car?", I asked as my car beeped just as I unlocked it.

"With Logan. He needed it tonight.", he replied.

"Alright, I guess we're riding in mine then", I remarked and got in.

"So where are we headed?", I asked.

"You'll see", he replied with a smirk.

"Just drive straight on 33rd and I'll tell you if we need to turn", he continued.

'Great! It can't get any vaguer than that.' , I thought, not completely enjoying being left in the dark.

~~

"Take the next right", Aiden directed.

"You can park near the old railway tracks", he added.

"So, we're swimming in the sea huh?", I thought out aloud.

"We are.", Aiden replied, not revealing anything more.

The beach was on the other side of the railway tracks.

As we crossed the tracks, Kara and Liam gradually became visible to our sight.

As we got closer, I noticed that they had stripped down to nothing more than their underwear.

"Are we going skinny-dipping?", I asked, horrified.

Taking my clothes off in public had never been my thing.

Hell, I didn't even own a bikini for this very reason.

It's not that I was ashamed of my body, I mean I liked how I looked.

But the thought of random strangers looking at my naked form-judging it and disapproving of it? That was what nightmares were made of.

I suddenly felt my body tense and my heart beat shoot up in pace.

I sensed myself come into an anxiety attack.

Just then, Aiden grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers, distracting me for a moment from my current predicament.

"You don't have to do anything you're uncomfortable doing.", he breathed into my ear.

"But, know that you can trust me, Lessie. You can always trust me. I'll be here and I'll always be on your side.", he said in the most earnest tone of voice.

He paused for a brief second.

"Well unless, you're on the wrong side. Then I'll just have to pull you over to mine.", he added grinning.

We were interrupted by Kara who stood up and screamed impatiently, "Hurry up guys! It's freezing".

Liam quickly jumped off the sand and wrapped his arms around Kara from behind, rubbing her skin at high-speed in the hopes of getting her warm.

Once we reached them, Liam called out, "You guys ready to play Naked Truth?".

"Err...?", I sounded, looking puzzled while starting to realize that this was probably not going to be just a midnight skinny dipping.

"You didn't tell her?", Kara yelled while looking at Aiden.

"I didn't want to freak her out.", he justified.

"Tell me what?", I asked, getting impatient.

"Oh, Lawd! We can't just spring this on her! She'll well...freak out." She paused and thought for a second.