Chapter 34: A Deal's a Deal

Lesedi

"So how far is this mystery place, Aunt Lessie?", Thomas asked as we left the hotel.

"Quite close by, it seems - Google Maps says it's a six-minute walk", I replied as I navigated.

"We're going to Kleinmarkthalle aren't we? ", he guessed.

"How in the world-?", I remarked surprised.

"Perks of owning a smart phone...plus, I know you too well Aunt Lessie, it had to be the most popular foodie market in Frankfurt", he snickered.

Thomas was clearly a bit more developed than your average five-year old. Eons ahead from where I was when I was his age. I was pretty sure at five, I still opted for picture books rather than ones with actual words in them.

"Right - now promise me you won't wonder off. I can't have your mother putting a price on my head.", I warned.

"No promises Aunt Lessie - but I'll give you something better...", he said while grabbing the phone from my hand.

"So, now you have my number - call me if you need me, and in case that doesn't work, just shout out, where's Thomas and I'll magically appear...", he spoke nonchalantly as he handed my phone back.

This kid should run for congress...

"Magically appear huh? You should really try your hand at stand-up", I said while rolling my eyes.

"Maybe one day...", he smirked.

~~

Kleinmarkthalle was an indoor market filled with local specialties, fresh produce, meats, breads, sweets, cheeses and chocolates. It also accommodated a few cafes and international cuisines such as Middle Eastern, Italian and Spanish, to name a few.

I figured it would be a great stop since it was a little past lunch time and we hadn't had anything except airplane food. My eye was on the wurst.

We ended up creating a picnic basket of sorts, with cold meats, cheeses, breads, fruits, pickles and added a bit of tortellini and cooked meats into it so we could enjoy it by the side of the river.

Sometime close to evening we took a taxi to Waldspielpark (aka Forest Playground), Scheerwald, where Thomas and I lost track of time wondering the park and exploring the playground - which was quite vast.

As the day turned to dusk, we figured it was time to head back to the hotel. Aiden and Logan were probably almost done with their meeting and I was pretty sure I had given Kara and Liam more than sufficient alone-time together.

The plan was for all of us to have dinner at one of the local restaurants before we called it a night.

~~

Aiden

"Alone at last...", I sighed as I closed the door behind us.

We were finally in our hotel room with the night sky engulfing an array of skyscrapers for a view.