Chapter 27 - The Fraternity Party

Start from the beginning

Khawla: You wanna know how great lovers they are, don't you?

Sarah nods hesitating. I grab another cocktail, and I take it in one gulp because I'm really getting thirsty and aroused by this subject, and remembering that the sexy oldest vampire and I were almost having sex. She's uncomfortable, but it's considering it. At least, it's what I think.

I'm playing the Cupid. Or, maybe, the devil's advocate... I have a malicious grin on my lips.

Khawla: Come on, Sarah! You won't regret it. It'll be the best night of your life!

Sarah is as red as a beetroot and changes the topic of our chit-chat. She wants to run away, at least from now, from my bad influence while she ponders about a night of love in a vampire's arms. Even if this vampire is a Bartholy!

Sarah: Let's dance!

Khawla: Sarah, come on! Drogo can make you scream in pleasure all night long...

I have a devilish smile on my lips. It's Sarah's turn to drink her cocktail in one gulp. She gets flushed, and her eyes glow imagining the scene. But she gets up to go to the dance floor.

Sarah: Khawla, let's dance!

Khawla: I need bathroom first.

I get up and go slight staggering to the bathroom while Sarah heads to the dance floor. I need to cool down a little. I've just arrived at the party, and I already drank four cocktails! I like to go out to drink, but I've never done it at such a fast pace. Even my druidess healing abilities can't help me if I keep in such a rhythm.

While I'm washing my hands, I hear the conversation between three girls. They're negotiation something shady, illegal, and it only raises my curiosity. Depending on what it is, maybe I'd like to indulge myself with it too. I'm badly in need of having some fun after all these events in my life.

They become shy when I come closer, but I wink to them and approach in a friendly way to break the ice and to show that I'm a possible buyer too.

Khawla: Is it the love pill?

The girl that is selling the pills nods knowing very well what type of love I'm talking about. My eyes glow. It's exactly what I need to enjoy the party at its maximum, an Ecstasy! I smile broadly at her.

Khawla: I want one!

We negotiate the price, and I buy my pill. I go to the sink, cup my hand like glass and fill it with tap water, and I swallow my love pill to enjoy all the night and forget Sebastian, Nicolae, my grandmother, my homesickness, my not-fit the mold feelings, my inner ghosts!

I leave the bathroom, and I go to the counter to grab another cocktail while I wait the pill starts its effects, that kicks in about 20 minutes, but Sarah comes and pulls me to the dance floor.

After a while, I'm so happy that the pill is starting its effects! I'm dancing without getting tired. I'm full of energy thanks to the substances that the Ecstasy liberates in my brain. I'm so hallucinated and enjoying so much the songs! I don't stop even for one minute of swinging my hips from one side to another. I'm dancing one song after another.

Sarah: Let's go to the counter. I need something to drink and to rest a little.

Khawla: I'm fine. You can go. I'll stay here.

Sarah goes, and I stay dancing, swinging my hips, forgetting everything around me. I'm in my shell, and there is only me, the music, and my desire to have fun and forget my pain.