Part Seventy Three

Start from the beginning

Glancing around for the shark and seeing no sign of it, I dove down, swimming as fast I could towards James’ lifeless body. Starting to get light headed, my ears popping the deeper I went, I finally managed to grab a hold of one of his hands, pulling me up to me, I held him under his armpits and kicked up, desperate for air, my lungs screaming.

Struggling to swim, carry James and see though the blood while getting light headed, I finally spotted the light above me, however just before I broke though the surface, something pumped into me. Whirling around I turned to find Erin’s face staring back at me, her eyes wide open, her mouth open and her hair fanning out around her.

Screaming, I kicked away from her, inhaling a mouthful of water. Choking, I inhaled more water and began to sing, the door growing smaller and smaller as I began to lose consciousness, and then I felt a pair of arms wrap around me and I was moving up again.

Going in and out of consciousness and it took me a moment to realize that I was no longer in the water anymore but being heaved over the side and onto the floor. Struggling to get a breath, I worried about the others, however before I could think about it too much, I felt like I was falling and everything went silent.

“Ashton?” a voice demanded, leaning over me, “Come on Ashton, don’t make me give you mouth to mouth. I already had to do that with Luke.”

I felt myself be sat up and then someone pounded on my back violently until I coughed up enough water to fill several lakes. Fluttering my eyes open I thought I had perhaps died and gone to Heaven because kneeling next to me was a very wet Michael.

“God!” he cried, pulling me into a hug, “Can you stop getting yourself in near death situations for like five minutes!”

“Luke?” I questioned, “Charlie, James? Destiny?!”

“They’ll be okay.” Michael sighed, pushing his hair out of his face and pushing me away from him, "Destiny's calling for help, and the other three will bee alright."

Looking around I found Luke sitting next to Charlie, holding his shirt to her heavily bleeding shoulder, while Calum and Jay knelt over James, who had a belt secured tightly around his leg as a tourniquet.

“What happened? When did you get here?” I asked.

“Calum butt dialed,” Michael replied.

“How did you get here so fast?” I asked.

“Liz sent me,” he answered, “She knew you two screw ups would…. Well, screw up.”

“I’m glad you’re here.” I sighed.

“Yeah, yeah,” Michael grumbled, even though he was looking at Luke over my shoulder like he wanted to kiss him.

“What about Brad?” I demanded suddenly.

“Who?” Luke asked.

“Bradley Simpson,” I answered, “This is his house, he did all this.”

“I haven’t seen him.” Michael answered looking around.

“Wait!” I cried, my heart sinking as I looked around the room, “Where’s Lauren?”

“What?” Michael asked.

“Lauren was here!” I cried struggling to my feet.

“Oh,” Michael sighed, “It was just you guys when I got here.”

“Calum?” I cried, “Where is Lauren?”

“What?” Calum cried, “Shit! Ashton, I’m so sorry, I didn’t even notice she was gone.”