t h i r t y f i v e

-McKennas POV-

"Why are you taking me out of town?" I ask skeptically as I watch the sign that says 'you are now leaving New Orleans'

"Because, I'm taking you to a town house right outside of the boarders." Klaus says, glancing at me.

"Let me guess, for a romantic retreat in hopes of turning my humanity on. Well I hate to burst your bubble but my humanity switch isn't being flipped for a long time." I lean over into the drivers seat so my lips are grazing Klaus's cheek. "Got it?"

Klaus smirks and turns his face, placing a soft peck on my lips. I pretend to gag and sit back down in my seat.

"We'll see Ken"

I roll my eyes and continue to watch out the window until we pull up to a large white house that's absolutely gorgeous.

As soon as the car stops Klaus gets out. I slug myself out of the car and straighten my shirt that got twisted on the ride here.

"Why are we here?" I ask, annoyance laced all through my tone.

"I have a surprise for you" Klaus takes my hand but I pull it away, shooting him a glare.

"Don't touch me"

He smirks and walks towards the house. I follow after him. I could run away right now. I could just whoosh. But he'd probably catch me, I've been injected with too much vervain and wolfsbane.

I watch my feet as I walk up the white wooden stairs to the house. I hear the front door open, making my gaze snap up.

Elijah and Rebekah stand in the door way. They're both holding...a baby?

Two.

Babies.

My babies...

I feel my eyes grow wide and a feeling at the bottom of my stomach explodes.

Suddenly something inside my head clicks back to place. My humanity. All my feelings that have been surpressed rush back to the surface but I push them back. All that matters are my babies.

I run up the steps towards my babies. My poor babies. I miss them so much. Tears start to gather in my eyes but I take a deep breath, trying to collect myself. If I cry, they'll cry. It's the emotional bond between a mother and child. Even if they have been separated for a long time. I remember reading up on it when I was pregnant. My emotions will effect the babies, even if I haven't seen them in months. They know I'm their mother, it's their instinct.

"Give her to me." I hold my hands out towards Althea. She still as a head full of blonde hair, just lighter then Klaus's. Rebekah hands me Althea and I cradle her into my chest.

She gurgles and grabs onto my shirt, tilting her head up to look at mine. My eyes meet her now green eyes.

"Where did you get those eyes from miss" I laugh, looking down at my little girl. "Do you have mommy's eyes?"

She gurgles and pushes her head into my shirt. I smile and look over to Klaus.

He's hold Nessa, she's nuzzling her nose against his, making me smile. Her eyes seem to of stayed he same, her hair also.

From what I can tell so far, Nessa is more out going and Althea is calmer and shyer.

"They're beautiful" I say randomly, not even knowing those words were going to come out of my mouth. "So precious..."

"You have some beautiful babies Makenna" Rebekah sighs. I glance up to her, a smile playing on my lips.

Klaus brushes his thumb across my cheek, smearing the tears I didn't know I was crying.

I flinch slightly when he touches me but instantly wish I didn't because of the pain that fills his eyes.

I bite my lip and look down at one of my beautiful babies. I've missed them, more then I realized.

God I missed them so bad that I turned off my humanity and turned into a damn ripper.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

I look down at my two beautiful sleeping babies. They're cuddled up next to each other in a movable crib. Nessa is in a purple onesie and Althea is in a light pink onesie.

They're both so beautiful.

Altheas blonde hair is almost pin straight and Nessas Brown hair is curlier. They both have these beautiful plump pink lips. Nessas are a little fuller but it fits her. And their personality's are amazing.

I spent about two hours with them before they went to take a nap. And it's almost been an hour into the nap. I've just been watching them the whole time. I'm not letting my babies or of my sight again until I absolutely have to.

My thoughts snap back to reality when I hear the bedroom door crack open and the overwhelming smell of my mate fills my senses.

"I'm sorry Klaus.."

"Shhh" He hushes me and walks behind me. He places one hand on Mg lower back and rests his other on the side of the black, portable crib. "You weren't yourself. It's fine."

I gulp and nod.

"Still...I should've known not to treat you like I did, even if I was in a lot of pain."

"It was the PTSD McKenna. It wasn't your fault, please don't blame yourself."

I nod and turn into Klaus's body, hugging him tightly.

"I love you. You know that right?"

"Yes I know. I love you too beautiful."