t w e n t y o n e

-Makennas POV-

I've been ignoring Klaus for the past three days, not that's he's notice though. I'm not the most important thing in his life, I never have been and I never will be. Neither will the twins.

"Whatcha you thinking about?" Marcel asks while slinging an arm over my shoulders. I listen to the leaves crunching under our feet as we walk to the bayou for the baby appointment.

"Just about how I never have, and never will be the most important thing in Klaus's life, nor the babies. Klaus cares more about power then his own family. But family is power, I know that because I know how to trust. Klaus could trust but he decides not to." I release my feelings while holding back some tears.

"I'm your family though. I love you, and so does everyone else. And technically since Klaus is my adoptive father, that makes you my adoptive mom."

I laugh and stop in my tracks. "I prefer being your sister. I'm not very fond of being the mum to people older then me." I point out and Marcel laughs.

"Yeah I treat you like a little sister anyway."

"Why am I always little." I pout and cross my arms over my chest. "Tyler's older then me by 2 minuets, your older then me by like 100-500ish years. Or something like that. And then Klaus and the rest of the mikeslsons are 1000 years older then me."

"But your so cute as the youngest. We get to protect you and defend you and aweeee someone's getting pouty" I puff out my bottom lip and give him angry puppy dog eyes.

"Let's just go to the dumb appointment" I huff and stop off to wherever we are going.

________________________________________________________________________________

"Are you ready to find out the babies genders?" Haleys pack grandma or something asks.

I smile and lay down on her couch.

"Ready as can be"

I pull up my shirt a little bit to reveal my bare baby bump. It's pretty big, considering I'm carrying not 1 but 2 baby's.

She places the cold gel onto my stomach and then turns on the machine thing.

She moved he remote thing around my stomach for like a minuet before smiling.

"Baby A is a girl"

I smile back at Marcel and he winks at me with a grin.

"Then Baby B is also a girl"

Is smile wider then before and she wipes the gel off of my stomach. She had already told me before that they are healthy and stuff so all we needed to know was the genders.

"So Althea and Nessa it is!" Marcel shouts from the corner. I laugh and sit up from the bed.

"We have to FaceTime Tyler and tell him!"

________________________________________________________________________________

"Ty! Ty! Guess what!!" I shout and Tyler chuckles on the other side of the camera.

He is sitting in some old barn or house or something. You can see the old wood and broken boards.

"Hi Mack, I'm doing great, how about you?" He shrugs and sighs with and goofy grin.

"TYLER" I groan and Marcel laughs in the background. He is cleaning up my new bedroom because I can't keep anything clean. "I HAVE GOOD NEWS"

"Ok, ok, what is it?"

"So I found out the genders of the babyssssss" I do and drum role on the table and he starts to laugh.

"What are they?!" He shouts happily and jumps out of his seat.

"They are both girls!"

"SO ITS NESSA AND ALTHEA!" He starts to cheer and throws his old wooden chair across the room and it breaks against the wall.

"Yeah it is!"

_________________________________________________________________________________

"Makenna?" I hear Klaus call out for me and my eyes widen. I shut my bedroom door and run into my bathroom, shutting and locking it behind me.

It's been two days since I found out what the genders are of the twins and I haven't told Klaus and I'm afraid that he will find out on his own and get mad at me.

Ad mad Klaus isn't pretty. It's very very scary and deathly. Lots of times someone ends up dead, or close to death.

I hear him open up my bedroom door and walk over to my bathroom door.
He knocks on it and waits for a response but I don't give one.

"Common Mack, I know your in there. Can you please talk to me"

"M-m" I shake my head no and pull my legs to my chest.

"When the twins appointment, it has to be soon"

I bite my lip and fold my hands between my stomach and legs.

"Makenna don't make me break down the door to talk to you"

"I already had it" I blurt out and slam my hand over my mouth right after I say that, realizing what I just did.

"What?" His voice is angry and annoyed.  I gulp and repeat what I just said.

"I already had it. I already had the appointment"

"Without me?! That was the most important one! You find out the genders!" I hear his fist collide with the wall next to the door and I gulp again.

I knew this would happen but I was hoping that I could some how avoid it.

"Can you please come out and talk to me at least?!" He groans and starts to mess with the bathroom handle.

"I don't want to" I say quietly.

"Why not?"

"Because you scare me. You are a scary person and I don't trust you. Yeah, I know you won't kill me but you will yell and get mad and hen someone else will get killed because I made you mad. And when you get mad you retaliate and go kill someone. Or try too. And I don't like that. I don't like you killing people. And if you are going to be in my baby's lives then I don't want you killing people."

"First off" he starts with a bang to the door and I sigh, knowing that no matter what he will get mad. There is no avoiding it. "They are OUR babies. Not just yours. And I kill people because they deserve it!"

"Oh! So my mom deserved to be drowned by you!!" I scream back. "MY BROTHER DESERVED TO HAVE HIS NECK SNAPPED FOR YOUR OWN ENTERTAINMENT?!!"

"If I could go back and change what I did! I WOULD!!" He pauses and takes a deep breath. "I'm sorry I have hurt you so much but it happened. I made a mistake. A really really big one! And if I could fix it, I would! Please Kenna! Just talk to me, face to face. Not hiding behind a door."

I sigh and stand up from the door, making my way to it.

This is going to be a long talk...