t h i r t y o n e

-Makennas POV-

"You actually wanted it Marcel. I didn't" I say, shrugging his hand off of my shoulder. "I didn't want to die. I didn't want to become a vampire hybrid halfbreed. I didn't want any of this. Hell I would probably be better off dead. I mean my girls will never know I'm their mum because they will be calling Rebekah their mum. Oh and hell she will be perfectly fine with that because she can finally have that life she dreamed of. And what am I doing? I'm here in a boxing cage, trying to deal with my anger so I don't go out and kill a bloody village!" I yell and feel my eyes glow yellow and my face grow hot.

"Oh please Darling, don't say that" I hear Klaus move farther into the middle of the compound with a chuckle with an amusement glint in his tone. "Our daughters will know who we are."

"No Klaus! They won't! It's been seven and a half months! They're probably crawling now! Possibly even walking and saying half words because they're smart babies! They will be calling Rebekah 'mummy' by the end of the month and I'll still be battling Marcel in this cage! So don't tell me my daughters will know who I am unless you have them in your arms!" I snap at him and clench my fists. I feel my claws dig into my hand and I close my eyes.

Don't lose control Makenna, what have you been working on these seven months.

I open my eyes again and feel a bit calmer.

"I am better off dead" I say and run my hands through my hair. "So don't tell me I'm not"

I speed to the gate and open it before speeding out of the compound and into the bayou.

I let out a few single tears and start to strip of my clothes. I take a deep breath before starting my transition.

I scream in pain, not being used to it as much anymore. It's been over a year since I've done this shit.

I keep pushing myself until I hear bones cracking and moving themselves around. I push harder and harder until finally I'm in wolf form.

What did that take? Twenty? Thirty minutes?

I let my wolf stay still for a minute until bolting off into the woods. I let her take full control, wanting to just relax and not worry about the world for now.

She dodges trees and jumps creeks all while being careless and smart.

I feel her stop and I look around. We're at a creek.

She walks down and lays down next to it.

tired huh? I ask my wolf. She whimpers in response and I sigh. not tired, sad.

My wolf nods and I sigh. me too girl, me too.

______________________________________________________________

"Where the hell have you been?!" Klaus scolds me as I walk back into the house, dirty and muddy. Me and my wolf fell asleep at the creek and when I woke up it was dark. So I slowly made it back to my clothes, shifted back and went home.

"Out" I simply answer and walk up the stairs sluggishly. I need to take a shower, I'm disgusting.

"Where is out? Why are you dirty?"

"I shifted ok, chill out. I needed some head space" I shrug off Klaus and I hear him growl behind me.

"Listen Makenna, I get you're mad and upset but you aren't mad and upset at me. So don't take it out on me! All I'm trying to do is help you and be with you! I'm trying to be a good mate!"

"Well your doing a terrible job of it" I retort and open up the door to my old bedroom and walk to the bathroom in it. "Bye bye now" I say and close the door, locking it.

I mean sure he could kick it open but he won't.

"Makenna don't be like this!"

"Too late"

______________________________________________________________

I wake up the next day, sore but feeling a little better. I bet it was just my wolf wanting to get out.

I quickly jump out of my old bed and change into a fitted long sleeved burgundy shirt with a v neck and a pair of dark blue ripped jeans.

I slip on my white and black Adidas and quickly make my way out of the house, surprisingly I'm unnoticed, or at least undisturbed.

I'm hungry, time to test if Marcel's training is actually working.

I run into town and take in the nice smell of the morning bakery.

I slip into the bakery and smile at the man at the cashier. He's probably about 20, 21 and he's nice looking.

He has dark blue eyes and blonde hair with medium sized lips that are a darker shade of pink then Klaus's.

"Hello miss" the guys smiles at me.

"Hi!" I say chirpilly. I walk in front of the cashier and stare into his eyes. "Don't scream, don't fuss, follow me, I won't hurt you" my voice becomes low and the guy stares blankly at me.

"I won't scream. I'll follow you"

"Good!" I giggle and grab his hand. I lead him out of the bakery and into the abandoned store next to it.

I push him against the wall and smile. "Don't be afraid" I tell him and I see him visibly relax.

I hold onto his shoulders and stand on my tippy toes, bringing my mouth to his neck.

I bite into it and close my eyes, smiling at the taste of fresh blood again. They've been having me drink from blood bags and I'm sick of it. I want fresh blood again. After all this is a vampires nature, right?

The guy stays quiet and I bite deeper into his neck, letting my hunger take over. What's one more dead person anyway?

I begin to shake my head when I feel hands grab my waist and rip me off of him.

"What are you thinking!!" Elijah whisper yells at me and I growl, walking forward again. He pushes me back again and I huff.

"I'm hungry Elijah!"

"We have blood bags at home! We told you, you aren't ready for this!!"

"I would be if you weren't such a wuss!" I yell at the brunet who looks like he's had it up to here with me and my attitude.

But I couldn't care less.