Chapter 49: Power

Leave your data on for this one.
Abdulzahir
Power is toxic, Abdul's was growing fast, he could not wait for his father to experience it first hand. To Abdulzahir this was proving that he was now a man and taking revenge at the same time. The documents he had in his possession could not only crush his father but also send him to jail. Knowing how powerful his father was, he knew that he could weasel out of going to jail, but one thing he knew for sure was that his firm would experience a blow like none they have ever experienced before. The source is what  would discredit them most, the price of betrayal is blood.
He felt Untouchable, in KT he had leverage over powerful men, whom were loyal to his father but now have no choice but to be loyal to him. Money would not be a problem, Abdulzahir collaborated with his father's billionaire ex-client, Dr Bashir. Abdulzahir just like his father believed shortcuts were important, while his father spent most of his life for his achievements, his son was more ruthless in his approach.
"Strike the shepherd and the sheep shall scatter"

Do not attack a man unless you are 100% sure you can crush him, make sure you crush him so he can never rise up against you. What he did to Fateema was something else entirely, molesting her as a child is something Abdul's mind could not even comprehend nor forgive. He believed that particular sin alone begets blood.

This plan has been in play since the day his father forced him into law, but then there were no intention of bringing him down. That changed the day he found out his father repeatedly raped the woman he loved as a child and cheated on my mother with her when she came of age.

Power..! It's something so easily attained, when you're willing to sell your soul to the devil. In their case the son outgrew the father.
****

                   Zainab
My little cute baby with sparklingly eyes, there he was nicely tucked in. I watch him so closely, such beauty in something so innocent, a sight to behold. I just can't believe i gave birth to this, it's been forty days, my mom left me with baby Abdallah and a nanny. A knock came on the door "yes?" In came Ummi and Tahira.

I smiled "finally"
Tahira gasped "Zainab!!! why are you leaving your stomach like this, where is your corset?"
"Oh God Tee I'm so tired, it hurts"
She eyed me "where is it?"
"Closet" i replied unwillingly
She opened my closet and out with the corset "stand up please" she begged nicely
"Really i just took it off, can't it just stay off a bit?"
"Ok! I'm not playing with you, get up, now. You look like a pig really and we need to get your body back to before-baby glory."
I pushed my mouth pouting "liked it better when we weren't friends"
"Yeah I'm sure, up please" i stood up, she put it around my waist, she must have strapped it to the last button because i felt the pain sharp "ouch Tee, it's too tight"
"Yeah well, the tighter the better" she replied.

Ummi, now cradling Abdallah said "he looks like Abdulzahir more, the nose especially"
Neither i nor Tahira wanted to indulge her, so we both ignored her.
When the waist trainer was buckled on, I sat back down, which only made the pain worse. "God! being a woman is so hard" I complained
"Speak for yourself, while some of us have been single for ages others are cashing 2 mill checks from exes" Ummi replied while shooting a teasing glance at Tahira. Tahira opened her eyes and slightly shook her head, obviously trying to shut Ummi up. I looked from Tee to Ummitarh and then it hit me "wait, what?" I asked curiously
"Nothing, she's crazy" Tahira replied and took a seat next to me "listen we need to talk about your next course of action"

"Does it involve detail of how someone got 2 million?"
"Nope" she shook her head
"Then I don't wanna hear it, Ummi spill"
"A certain handsome guy gave his ex a parting gift of a blank check and she cashed in 2 million" my mouth dropped open, dumbfounded i looked back at Tahira, she stood up and squeezed Ummi's mouth "shegen bakin da ba zai iya shiru ba"
Ummi moved away with Abdallah still in her arms "lemme jor"