Chapter 8: Issues

🎶 The worlds so cold and my own damn hart is
making fun of me
Dont need a miracle to see tomorrows right in
front of me
I'm on my own, and nobody knows who we can
come to be
So come along, you never know the weak is set
free 🎶

He played James Fauntleroy and Timbaland's Believer as he drove, he was heading home to see his mother but after what Abdulzahir said he just wanted to see her. He stopped where the traffic light turned red and he was required to wait. His mind drifted as he thought of their situation, what was the main reason why he didn't want to commit to Tahira? He just wasn't ready for the kind of commitment she wanted besides now he's seeing Adilah but that was something else entirely. In truth you can't compare them Tahira was beautiful, but Adilah was wayyy beyond beautiful, it was incomparable. But does physical appearance really matter? Pummmm pummmm pummmmmm  he didn't realize the light had turned green. Someone behind him was definitely in a hurry.

🎶 Now close my eyes, and I run to you aah
Cant close my hart, cuz I know the truth aah
Cuz I'm a believer
We need a believer
Know I gotta believe aah
Any believe aah
Cuz I'm a believer 🎶  The song continued to play.

5minutes later he was at her gate, it was a 15minutes drive from his place to hers but today it took him near 30. He parked and dialed her number "Is this going to be a regular thing?" she asked as she picked up, the phone was still on aux, so she was absolutely clear.

"I'm outside, give me 5 minutes" he said calmly

"You can't be serious, I'm busy" she said sounding irritated .

"Tahira it's just five minutes, i wouldn't be here if it wasn't important"

"of course you wouldn't,  I'm coming" she sounded really annoyed, he wasn't sure how any positive conversation could possibly transpired between them.

It took her 8minutes, his eyes were on the watch the whole time, he was so nervous. This was the first time ever he was so unsure of himself, of his feelings, of a girl. She was always unpredictable, the only time he knew for sure anything was when it had to do with him,  she would go to the ends of the world for him,  but now he had hurt her so much he wasn't sure if he had any influence over her.

She wore a black abaya and a pink veil,  it appeared though as if she leaned down a bit or maybe it was the abaya she was wearing. He always loved her curves, even through her abaya he could see them, but he just wanted her to be a bit less chubby, more slim,  something like Adilah. She looked as though she was already dressed to go out. 

She opened the car and sat down on the front seat besides him, she looked straight into his eyes, something had changed about her, she was never this.... Bold. She didn't say a word she just looked at him,  wow!!! he was so uncomfortable, no girl has ever put him in such an uncomfortable spot, he knew he would have to say something, but what? "Yi hakuri,  i should have informed you i was coming, i was just.. " her phone started to ring interrupting him just as a white accord 2013 parked near her gate.

Her eyes followed the car and the glanced back at her phone "you should have called" she said plainly, she started to open the car, clearly about to leave. He felt a surge of emotions, anger, envy..was he.. jealous? Without thinking he grabbed her hand, making her to stop.

She turn and looked at him quizzically "are you OK? What makes you think you're allowed to touch me?"

His anger increased, no this is the first time a girl has ever done such to him and he started to feel inferior. He was still holding her hand "Tahira?" he wanted to continue but those where the only words he could utter.