Chapter 38: Aftermath

Abdulzahir went back inside to check his face in the toilet mirror, using cotton and detol to clean his nose ssssshhhhh he hissed to the pain.

He went back to the parlor to look for his phone only to find 2 missed calls from his father. His father never leaves him 2 missed call, he calls only once.

He called back and the phone call was unanswered. His mother called afterwards and he took 2 deep breaths and picked up "Assalamualaikum mama"
His mom insulted him from his early first ancestor to the last over the phone, she was so disappointed. She told him that she and his father were gracing them with their presents the next day.
His mother liked Zainab a lot, mostly because she never supported Abdulzahir's marriage idea to Teemah, she and her mother had bad blood. It wasn't something he was prepared for, but still Abuja bosses were on their way to kd. He went to her room, deciding to spend the night there and clean the whole house in the morning before his parents come in.

Abdulmaleek went to his car, he sat in thinking about his next conversation with Adilah was going down, he knew he owed her a call and an explanation, who knew that Adilah was also a drama queen in her own right. To think he thought that Lala was the drama queen, they both turned out to be the opposites of their appearance. He decided to call Lala instead. "Hey stranger!" since the wedding he had no form of contact with her, this was the first time he reached out.

"hey you! How you been?"

"I'd say fine but honestly I got myself in a bit of a mess"

"does it have anything to do with chasing after a certain ex?" what he loved about Zainab was she knew how to keep her marital problems under wraps, Adilah on the other hand. Had he known she told Lala he would not have called, it was the absolute wrong time for him to deal with all that. "but of course she told you" unable to hide his disappointment.

"I know it's not my place to tell you how to run your home but.."

Abdulmaleek snapped "you're right, it's not your place, I should not have bothered you. Goodnight" and he hung up. Was it because he was too nice people felt like they approach him in whatever manner they deemed fit? He thought to himself. Maybe he should not have called at least not tonight when his nerves were on edge.

He went straight home, his key weren't working so he figured Adilah must have locked it from the inside. He knocked on the door several time but there was no response. He stayed outside for 2 hours, refused opening the door, tonight was not the night for her to be playing that game with him. He ended up going back to his car.

When she heard his car, she opened the door and watched him leave. She felt something sharp in her throat, how dare he leave? She wanted him to sleep outside or maybe in his car.  She dialed his phone and he wasn't picking up, she immediately felt bad.

THE NEXT DAY

Abdulmaleek spent the night in Deluxe suites, he woke up around 10am and went straight home, he found the door unlocked and went straight to his room and straight to the bath room and took a shower. Coming out of the bathroom with a towel tied to his waist he saw her sitting on his bed, waiting.

She wore a casual sleeveless short dress, minimal cleavage, hugging her curves.  Her dark hair half covering her left eye, laid smoothly below her shoulders, she wasn't wearing any makeup she looked naturally beautiful.

He took one glance and turned away, she rolled her eyes 🙄 its not like she expected him to tell her she looks good. She noticed one of his eye was swollen and he had one big red mark on his beach sand complexioned back, extending horizontally from the left side underneath his shoulder blades to the right, she frowned "meya faru nagan ka da ciwuka a jiki haka?"