Chapter 29: I'd Rather Die

ANTY JAY'S

It was 9:30 am and both the twins where bathed and dressed, their luggage packed and set to leave after extending their stay for 3 more days. They where feeling kd and didn't want to leave, Uncle Jake and Anty Jay have been spoiling them. They where having breakfast when they heard a horn from the gate and they both knew exactly whose it was ..Abdulmaleek's. They both looked at each other, Abdulmaleek and Adilah still haven't met since he found out two days ago about her interaction with Tahira.

Lala who had told Adilah that he knew asked her "Have you talked to him?"

Adilah sighs " no fa, He hasn't even called me tun ranan" she knew there was dust but she was also planning on bring her own dust. He lied and told her that he and Tahira where done, and she confirmed they where not. "if he would just forget the whole thing, it would be better for him"

Lala started to wonder what had happened to her sister, Adilah was never this troublesome or was it the effect of what they call love? She seemed high, with Abdulmaleek being her personal brand of heroin.

"but wait woo are they going broke or something? I mean i don't always believe everything i see on TV but honestly if he is going broke I'm not sure i can cope" she said taking a sip of her tea.

Lala giggled in disbelief "here i thought you loved him"

"well i do, but think about it, if he doesn't have any money then how would we go to all the romantic places i wanted to go when i get married, so nake in rinka kashewa bana tunani karewar su"

At first Lala thought she was messing around but now she saw that she was actually serious, she widen her eyes "Iyyeh!!!! Yarinya kema fa kin fara wuta 🔥So you're actually in love with the idea of him, i get the appeal. Tall, handsome, rich, neat, smart.."

"no you don't understand he is perfect, i mean forget all that. He has a sense of humour, he is out of this world responsible, he knows exactly what he's suppose to do and he does it. Don't forget generous in a romantic way and understanding.."

Lala cut her short "In other words.. Perfect? Puff Abdulmaleek is so overrated, what if he wasn't rich anymore and he had no flashy car and expensive wrist watch, would you still want him?"

They heard Anty Jay open the door for him, Anty jay who talked freely with Abdulmaleek informed him that they where in the dinning room and invited him to have breakfast to which he replied "No i just ate wallahi"

He met them on the table, while Anty Jay came and sat on the sitting room couch "Assalamu alaikum" as he enter the dinning area

"probably yes, but gaskiya sai dai in hakura" Adilah replied her knowing that he won't know what they where talking about.

Lala's eyes flickered from Adilah to him "hmmm!!! wa'alaikumussalam" lala replying to him "An tashi lafiya?"

"Alhamdulillah" and he locked eyes with Adilah "Ya kike?"

She rolled her eyes as if she was annoyed with him, trying to send across the message that he wasn't her priority at that moment in that room. "kalau nake" she managed to answer his greetings in a low voice.

"ya shirin tafiya, kun sha kd ai"

To that she just glared at him and turned away, eating her breakfast without an answer.

Lala watched them and saw the tension Adilah was trying to build between them and she instantly felt bad watching her sister treat him such. To break the ice she quickly replied to him "wallahi fa, mun sha hutu, you and su Anty Jay kept it fun ai"

Whether or not what Adilah did had upset him was not showing on his face. He just smiled and continued the conversation with Lala.

He continued to make jokes and making her laugh and Adilah sat there with a straight face, even Anty Jay was laughing from where she sat.