Chapter 22 : Blindman's Swag

The was table was decorated in white tablecloth, red napkins by each seat with cutlery on each napkin. And a flower vase in the middle with fresh red roses.

-The guest list includes
-Abdulmaleek +date
-Hadi + date
-Kamal
-Farouk + wife
-Amal + date
-Auwal (Kamal's brother)
-Benazir (Abdulzahir's sister)
-Fateema + date
-Lala
-Two other memebers of his office
-Abdulzahir and Zainab

Abdulzahir mentioned the gathering to Fateema and she wanted to come "don't worry I'll bring a date so your wife won't think I'm after you"

"i can't promise i wont stab your date" he told her
"i can't promise i wont stab your wife" she replied.

Benazir is Abdulzahir's sister, also in law school, their father influenced most of his children's career choice.

Amal, Abdulmaleek, Abdulzahir have been friends since they where teenagers, Abdulzahir and Abdulmaleek have known each other for longer. Amal was Abdulmaleek's first girlfriend ever, same class, same age, they outgrew eachother. Amal is smallish most people don't believe her age.

Farouk has been Abdulzahir's friend since law school .

Salahuddeen refused to accompany Fateema to the gathering, he insisted he had other engagements. So she decided to go alone. Fateema didn't know but it was a blessing in disguise.

"Zainab" he called her twice before she heard and rushed to meet him in his room. "this occasion requires a special attire" he gestured to the bed where she saw a box.

"wear this and look nothing less than my wife, i made sure it'll fit your present size" without waiting to hear her response he went into the bathroom to shower leaving her in the room.

She opened the box and there was a black dress, she picked it up and took it to the kitchen where the girls where rounding up the dishes.

Rhabs saw her first "whats in the box?"

"I'm supposed to wear this, its actually beautiful"
Still holding the box Rhabs came and took out the dress and she gasped huhhhhhhh "my God, its Calvin Klein"

"I'm supposed to wear this, its actually beautiful" Still holding the box Rhabs came and took out the dress and she gasped huhhhhhhh "my God, its Calvin Klein"

Tahira and Rhabs still hardly get along "msttttwww kaman dan Allah baki taba ganin Calvin Klein ba, habaaaaa!!!"

"No you don't understand its a sequin crepe evening gown worth nothing less than 200💵"

Everyone was just watching her wondering how she knows the price of the dress

"that's about 70-80 thousand Nigerian Naira"

"all hail Rhabs knows her calculations" Tahira was purposely being mean. Rhabs ignored her

Ummi and Hadiza shared a looked "toh bari mu kwashe tsumman da ke jikin mu mu koma gida uban mu." Ummi jested.

Zainab collected the dress "kaii!!!! Sai ka ce an ce wani dubu dari biyar, it doesn't even look that expensive, Rhabs makeup please"

Ummi and Hadiza where leaving "Hajiya zata yi fada bari dai mu tafi"