Chapter 41 : Mistakes of the present and the Past

"Baba please i want my wife back" he begged but his father ignored him as usual. He went on his knees close to his father "dan darajan Allah baba kayi hakuri" Still no response.

Pleading was not helping, his father was taking no excuses. Abdulzahir spent the weekend in Abuja, but Zainab was kept from his sight. Knocking on his sister's room knock-knock, she opened the door, seeing it was him, she rolled her eyes and went back to her table where she was drafting a statement. Everyone was tired of his frequent visits, especially Benazir.

"baki iya gaisuwa ba?" he asked unable to hide his irritation.

Benazir ignored him. Like some sibling relationship, Abdulzahir and Benazir hardly get along. Maybe when she needs something from him or he needs something from her.

She could never tolerate him and even less now that she was reaching her own heights. She continued her work not minding his presence. "keh! I'm i not talking to you?"

"Abdul, please leave my room, cant you see I'm working? Haba...!" she hissed mtswwww

Abdulzahir started boiling inside, why is everyone just chasing him away, including his baby sister. Every room he enters, he was asked to leave, he didn't like it. she wasn't that much younger than him though but still, he just wanted to ask about Zainab. "where is Zainab?"

"gata a hanci na, na boye ta" she said casually without looking up.

"keh wai yaushe na zama tsaran ki ne?"

She stopped what she was doing and looked at him "toh ko nima dukan nawa zaka yi?" she asked raising one of her eyebrows.

He hissed tswwww "wawiyya" and he left, banging her door behind him

"ga ka nan katon wawa" she muttered "nonsense kawai"

After spending the weekend in Abuja and not seeing Zainab even once, Abdulzahir came back to kd on Monday and refused going to work. That same monday morning Barr. Usman called Zainab, after giving her a formal apology for his son's wrong doings he asked her if she wanted to go back, after a long silent thought "eh, zan koma" she decided it was long overdue and though she was enjoying Abuja with Benazir giving her the time of her life, her place was in kd with her husband, or so she thought.

Around 10am Benazir and Zainab took the road to kd. They became close since Zainab was in Abuja, Benazir was finally done with law school and had plenty of time to spend with Zainab.

Finally the car stopped inside Zainab's house, the gateman came to help her carry her bags. "Come inside?" she asked Benazir who was still comfortably seated in the car

"No!!!  I have so much to do before leaving, ba time. Beside i don't even want to see that thing you call a husband"

"well it's a good thing he's your brother"

"please!" she waved her hand "i think that one was adopted, anyway, this time around banda hakuri Zainab. Don't ever tolerate his nonsense again" she gave Zainab  a warm smile "Allah ya bada zaman lafiya. Luck my sister, you need it"

"Amin Thank you, Call me when you're leaving" she waved while they drove out of the house.

She never knew how much she missed her home, now even the breeze felt so different and clean.

It was a good thing she took her keys when packing, though she saw his car, she didn't think he would skip work. She opened the door to the parlor and took her luggage straight to her room. The house was messy. When she came out of her room, she saw Abdulzahir coming out of his room.

They both stopped from a distance, hearts racing out of control, her's atleast was. Most of her last memory of him where negative, the beating, slapping Tahira, and when he was asked to divorce her. She still Wonder's why he didn't just do and be free of her. He just watched her from the distance.