Chapter 18: Adeline and Adilah Haasim

Adeline and Adilah where the twin daughters  of Zahrah Haasim, daughter of Abubakar Modibo who where domiciles of kano but originally from Yola. Zahra's father was a business man who ran most of his dealings in Dubai. His daughter studied in Cyprus, Turkey where she landed and Married a tall lebenese man ( Adilah's father). He died shortly after the twins where born and Zahrah returned home to Nigerian with her 6 months old fatherless babies, Adeline (meaning: A variant of Adela, meaning noble.) whom they mostly refer to as Lala and Adilah ( meaning: Just. Honest. Equal.)

Adilah and Abdulmaleek's parents were family friends, his father who was also from Yola was a very close friend of her grandfather Abubakar Modibo. His father did not suggest but asked Abdulmaleek to wed one of the twins, Abdulmaleek refused and instead agreed to meet and get to know them first. 

Adilah Haasim was tall,  5'8 inches, her upturned eyes where an uncommon shade of honey, distinctively lighter than her sister's. Oval long face with full lips and a long neck. Dark long hair, hourglass defined slim figure and medium sized bosom, a slightly defined trunk. Lala was a bit thicker than Adilah, she had a small black beauty mark on her chin which was one of the few distinctions between her and Adilah.

Lala was loud and Adilah was quiet, having the two in a room Lala was always first noticed as even the way she dressed was loud. Adilah was more simple and reserved. They were the type of girls that silenced a room. Show stoppers, dazzling, glowing. They where the type of girls that'll make you hide your man in a heartbeat, they where the type of girls who could destroy long term relationships with a snap of a finger.

When Abdulmaleek went to meet them for the first time he took Abdulzahir with him to their grandfather's house in Kano. Adilah came out to bring them in wearing a silver embroidered Abaya. "Sannun ku da zuwa" her voice was so quiet you could hardly really hear what she was saying "please Ku shigo ciki mana" she suggested.

The boys where dazzled, they could only just smile back and follow her,  Abdulzahir took his phone and messaged Abdulmaleek
"This is what you're marrying?
Damnnn!!! 
I'll visit everyday just to look at that🙌🙌🙌"

Abdulmaleek heard the beep and checked his recently delivered IM chat, after reading he and Abdulzahir share a crooked look and he texted him back
"there's actually two of em 😝
I'm supposed to see and choose who I'm more compatible with?"

"Bastard!!!!! 😂😂😂
But she looks fragile, you sure you won't break her???😂😂😂😜😜😜"

After reading Abdulmaleek gave Abdulzahir a nudge and Adilah showed them to the very big parlor. They walked in to find Lala seated on one of the sofas, smiling she stood up wearing the same thing her twin was wearing and they looked exactly the same. Both of them looked from Adilah to Lala stupidly trying to differentiate them. 

Lala noticed and she smiled "I'll tie my scarf to make this easier for you, dan Allah ku zauna"
She gestured to the sofa and they both sat.

Lala has since made herself comfortable having a fluent conversation with Abdulmaleek and Abdulzahir, Adilah was less chatty.

When they left Abdulzahir asked him the obvious question "so which one are you going for? Lala?"

"I think Adilah"

"Lala is more down to earth" Abdulzahir pointed out.

"yup, your type" Abdulmaleek affirmed.

When they where leaving, Abdulmaleek gave Lala his number and the same night she messaged him. He explained to her how he wasn't really interested in settling down yet and she texted him Adilah's number, explaining that she wasn't interested in anything fleeting. In her words "You're handsome and all,  but I'm more interested in something more permanent, maybe my sister wouldn't mind"