Chapter 27: Cheated, Betrayed and played

She dialed Zainab's phone number dinnng dinnnnggggg it rang and she didn't pick up. Where is Zainab for God's sake she couldn't sit down, she kept pacing from one end of the room to the other. 10 missed calls and Zainab still wasn't picking up. She was desperate so she took her veil and handbag and ran out of the house, she stopped by mommy's room to inform her "mommy Zee wai bata jin dadi zanje in duba ta please"

"toh wa zai kai ki, ba kowa gida??" she asked Tahira.

"zan hau keke napep kawai, zan dawo yanzu ma In Shaa Allah"

"toh ki bari in sauke ki mana Tahira, nan da awa daya zan fita nima"

One hour was far too long for her to wait, anxiety was killing her. "no ba komai, ina so in dawo inyi assignment ne"

"toh Allah ya kiyaye"

"Amin mommy"

She paid more than enough so the napep driver wont carry anyone else, she was in a hurry and she had no patience for stops. When she arrived at their gate she asked if they where home and she was told that in fact they  where. She knocked on the door and after waiting a while Zainab came to open the door "Ha'a Tahira ke ce haka da rana tsaka?"

"i called you, is he home?" she impatiently asked her

"yeah he's home, i was going to call you back fa, come inside mana" she invited her in but Knowing that Abdulzahir was Abdulmaleek's right hand she didn't want him to over hear them

"No! Walk with me in your beautiful garden"

Zainab wore her slippers and came out "Tee kina bani tsoro, meke faruwa ne wai?"

"who is Adilah Haasim, she was here ranan da muka taya ki aiki, i need to know everything about that day"

Immediately Tahira mentioned Adilah, Zainab knew it was about Abdulmaleek. "ita ce muka gani da Abdulmaleek da zaku wuce ai, twins?.. Well i believe he was dating her gaskiya, because of some things  da ta dinga yi, kin gane? she couldn't leave his side for a second and from the way their friends where talking to her ma and there was a time Amal called her Mrs. Bashir."

Her voice was low "haba!!! Zee, shine ba za ki iya fada min ba, tun lokacin fa, haba!!! I cant believe you didn't tell me, da ni ce na miki haka zaki ji dadi? Na ma taba miki irin wannan??? Ke fa kika ce i should give him another chance and then you found out he was with someone else and you couldn't inform me? Gaskiya ba ki kyauta min ba"

Zainab felt guilty struck but she didn't want to admit that she was wrong "abokin mijina ne fa, kin san dana fada miki zai zama kaman munafinci ne, because he would know ni ce dai na fada and then kuma kinga na zo na kwanta asibiti and all the things that happened after that day, ina ta kai na ne fa ni ma"

"Lalle Zainab kin ce wani abu, ashe a kan ki aka fara miji, lalle Zainab kin ban mamaki. Before zuwan ki asibiti you could have told me tun ranan ai, it takes but a few minutes  to make a phone call"  Her anger was now focused on Zainab, she thought that Zainab would be there for her just as she was always there whenever her friend needed her. And now she thought reverse was the case.

"i thought i smelled betrayal, what i didn't know was that it was coming from my closest friend"  it was the only word she could use to describe Zainab's silence.

"and for what? You think Abdulzahir would care if you told me? You're just blinding trying to win him in the wrong ways. Shiyasa har yau kin kasa gane kan sa, haka kuma zaki yi ta zama kina zaman wahala"

Zainab's mood also changed to anger and the girls where soon at each other's throat "Ya kamata kin ringa tauna magana, kar ki zo ki fada ba dai dai ba, i was going through a lot, simply because i didn't tell you doesn't  mean i betrayed you"