Chapter 4: The wedding 2 {Edited}

She could not stop crying tears ran down her cheeks, her eyes so red. He kept calling, she didn't want to pick up. Why? Why did she not see this coming and now it's too late? She knew exactly what he was calling to tell her. Ummi came and whispered "ki tashi kiyi wanka, you'll waste people's time Zainab, composure mana, haba! And please answer your phone, please." (Get up and take a bath)

Zainab kept her voice straight and normal "hello! Assalamualaikum" at the other end of the line he said loudly "Zee, na sa ye ki, shikenan you're now mine and nobody else will have you" she found his words insulting "ka sa ye ni?"

"yes! An daura and in a few hours za'a kawo min ke" still she muttered "ka sa ye ni?" shaking her head she was sure now that she was insulted. "OK toh, later" she hung up. She didn't blame him, was paying her bride price so expensive that he felt he was simply buying her? Yes it was. No matter how much he was paying, it gave him no right to say what he said. Or so Zainab thought.

Ummi made sure she was dressed and made-up by Herdies. She looked brand new, for the Yinin biki Zainab wore white, and accessorized with silver (azurfa).
Her shoes were made of glass (just like Cinderella) she was having her dream wedding. Her gown was a ballroom dress, her makeup was nude making her look natural. They snapped photos with family, friends and guests. Food and snacks where served to the guests at Alhaji Sadiq's house.

The groom's family came around 7.00 pm to pick up the bride, They took Zainab to a room in Barr. Usman's house with her friends, Zainab and her friends were to spend the night there. A few of her friends came with her, Tahira (Tee), her childhood friend. Rabi'atu (Rhabs) her secondary school friend and her two sisters (Ummi and Hadiza). Tee was on Instagram following the trend of Abdul and Zainab's wedding. She came across a photo of Fateema grinding near Abdulzahir, with the hashtag #mistressoftheyear #zeeandabdul. Tee jumped "Zee you won't believe it wai 'mistress of the year' hmm lalle har trending take yi fa"

Rhabz replied "yeah na gani a twitter, kin ga zagin da ta ke sha? And some are supporting her sef, imagine! Tswww wa ya ga hoe of the year," Zainab took her phone about log on IG when Ummi snatched the phone from her hand "inaahhhh! baki isa ki fara mana kuka a nan ba, instead of you to make tactful plans on how to keep your husband," eyeing Zainab she hissed "mstwww nonsense"

Zainab was upset about the situation "please ya zan yi, did you hear what he said when he called this morning? "Rhabz sounding absolutely uninterested "So? So what dan ya ce ya sa ye ki? Look he's a man you need to find a way to get him to respect you, believe it or not kayan mata (aphrodisiac) won't help you do that. Kin kama duk kin jika kanki da abin da ba shi zai zauna miki da miji ba.

She paused for a moment "Look tomorrow would be the beginning of your marriage, from tomorrow forward earn your respect as his wife, ba komai ne zai miki ki kyale shi ba, there are times you have to be more patient and there are times you have to be rebellious and protest"

Ummi standing up said "it's your fault, you let it get this far from the beginning, tun lokacin da ya kai ki gun ta you should have talked to him about it, show him that as long as he's involved with her, you won't marry him, I promise you ko da suna tare he would do everything in his power to make sure she doesn't even come near you, ya raina ki ne a idon ta, tunda kika ga she has the guts to do what she did" with that she exit the room.

They kept advising her on how to get his attention Hadiza insisted that she seduce him and make sure he's always with her "kin ga nothing like down dressing at home, kin san Abdul dan gayu ne, show him that you can do better, seduce him to get what you want after all he's your husband" But what does Hadiza know, she's the youngest of the group.