After a few minutes, Achilles stood up with a grunt. In his hand, a small vanilla scented bag with a light caramel string sat. Mud was smeared on the sides on the bad and inside, a small box could be felt.

The two looked at each other and made their descent back, not even trying to open the bag, as if what was inside was confidential and shouldn't be seen.

It took slightly over 30 minutes when Achilles and Zayne arrived back at the house. The two stood in front of Troye, who smiled in excitement.

"Thank you!" He grinned and began undoing the string. When the dirty bag fell, it exposed a clean and beautiful wooden box that was the size of a thumb and was coated in a velvet cloth. Troye opened the box slowly, and what they saw was absolutely glorious.

A beautiful golden amulet, laced with a satin cord was picked up by the young boy carefully.

There was no damage and the amulet seemed to be good as new. Achilles covered his mouth when he saw the amulet, recognition evident by the glimmer in his eyes.

"Where was it?" The man gasped and reached for it slowly, Troye gladly handing the piece of jewelry over to its previous owner.

"In the forest, duh," Troye rolled his eyes in annoyance. "My parents told me where it was while they were drunk one night. You're just lucky I have the best memory in the pack," He chuckled slightly and moved his hand in a 'go away' manor.

"You are welcome, now leave. Both of you stink," The boy waved a hand in front of his nose to extinguish the smell.

Achilles nodded and led Zayne back to the room, still in awe that he finally had the precious gift from his ex best friend from all those years ago.

It was a beautiful spring night, well past 10 pm, and the sky was filled with dark clouds that went unnoticeable in the night.

Two boys sat on the edge of a cliff, feet dangling over a steep ravine that would lead straight down, way further than survivable.

One boy, around 5 or 6 years old, sat with a bright smile on his bruised and broken face. The two were friends, not in the best of circumstances, but still friends none the less.

The other, with pitch black hair and rosy cheeks was also bruised, markings and dried blood littering his forehead.

The second boy, Christian, smiled and hugged the other. "Don't forget to feed the dogs, clean the shelves, and wash the dishes. You know Mistress doesn't like it when you forget the dishes." The boy said as he pushed away slightly.

The 7 or 8 year old kissed Achilles' cheek and dug in his pocket, taking out a beautiful vanilla bag that contained a box like shape.

"Here, this is yours, Achi," Christian said. Suddenly, a loud car horn could be heard from the distance. The two boys turned toward the sound.

"Hurry your ass up, Christi!" A woman with layers of makeup on her wrinkled face shouted as they pulled up to the two boys and gave Achilles an evil glare.

Christian hurriedly entered the black S.U.V then waved at his friend as the gross looking woman who reeked of weed slammed on the gas pedal.

Minutes later, Achilles heard a crash from far away and a little child's scream that echoed in the silent night.

Achilles dropped to his knees, holding the small bag tightly to his chest as he began to cry, too young to know what death was, but old enough to understand loss.

The tearful boy stood up and wiped his eyes, then quickly unwrapped the the bag and opened the velvet box on the inside. Before he could get a clear look of the jewel inside, rough hands came from behind him and grabbed the boy, covering his mouth and throwing the bag on the floor, where no one was to find it again.

Just be the same place, Achilles thought. But what about the cliff? Sure, it was possible for the small bag to have been moved far away from its original resting place, but why would the Alpha and Luna at the time not sell it?

Questions lingered through his mind all while he and Zayne walked back to their room, Achilles throwing himself on the bed and immediately falling asleep, heat long forgotten by the headache of the past.

Once again, I hope yall liked it! I had to rewrite this, because it got deleted by accident, but that does not mean th wre are no mistakes. I am trying to update the first couple of chapters to my current writing style and change certain things so the plot makes sense

Please enjoy!<3