Prologue

[no longer 1800s, due to setting changes during the making of this book. I apologize for the inconvenience but please consider that this book was made within a 3 year span and is my 1st ever book❤]
December 21

Today, December 21st, is my birthday. No one knows that, of course. This might be due to the fact that I am an ugly omega that was born to stand on the sidelines, watching others go through life, enjoying the mist of laughs and smiles.

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

Achilles looked into the mirror at his pale body, thinning face, and deep dark under eye bags, looking for some sort of sign that there might be life inside him still.

He looks like a typical Omega Male, a small frame, feminine features, and bruises littering almost every inch of his body due to the abuse received for being the 'Pack Punching Bag' as many higher wolves seem to truly believe.

To an Omega such as Achilles, pain and fear is not uncommon in his life, instead there is a large hole in his heart where the love and happiness of the usual teenager would go.

Unfortunately for Achilles, he was born Omega in a society that rarely concerns themselves with the smaller werewolves, instead beating them and putting them to work as young as five or six.

For the past fifteen years, Achilles has been living in hope that someone, either his mate or his parents, who had been out of the picture for a long time, to save him from the cruel reality of the werewolf pack ranking.

Now, on his fifteenth birthday, the day all wolves are destined to meet their mates, Achilles stood in his small broom closet sized home, the hope had faded, leaving the inky trace of suck emotions in the dazzling golden circles in his eyes.

As he put his long brown hair in a miniature bun so that it is out of his way, the small boy realized today wasn't all about himself. The twin Alphas, Dominic and Damian, had turned fifteen sometime around midnight, so today was the day they would be searching for their one and only mate. Being twins, it is not rare that they will have the same mate, so the entire pack basically expects a single Luna rather than multiple.

Better stay extra far away from them today, He thought to himself with a sigh as he grabbed his small backpack and walked out the door, twirling his keys on his finger.

On the way to school, which happened to be a 30 minute walk from his small cabin in the woods, Achilles spent the time thinking as he walked through the dozens of trees, listening to the quiet buzzing of the forest's early birds.

Most of his thoughts consisted of a new plan to escape his inevitable fate. Beating was his least favorite part of being an Omega, next to being able to have children, which is nearly just as bad.

Walking through the large double doors of the school, Achilles' ears immediately started buzzing due to his inability to control the strength of his hearing. Sometimes he could be deaf, other times the sound of a pen dropping in a bustling room could be heard by his keen werewolf ears.

The vibrations from the obnoxious crowd of teenagers, ranging from fifteen to nineteen, caused Achilles to wince, but he showed no other signs of pain in fear that someone would take advantage of the weakness.

Feeling sad and lonely in such a big and crowded hallway made tears start to form in his eyes and the feeling of loneliness in his gut. Being lonely was never supposed to be an emotion one experienced on their birthday, but being an Omega, Achilles was basically born to live with false hopes and undescribeable pain.

Tons of teenage werewolves pushed and shoved the poor boy around the hall until he finally reached his sanctuary; Locker 341. His locker.

The small metal box was rather dusty and had many areas where paint was chipped and peeling, but it was located in a small corner, not close to anyone else's lockers.