Painful Bonding

Damien Rayson stood up from the black leather couch he had been sitting on, a worried look on his face, as a man with slick black hair and large purple eyes wearing a tuxedo walked into the room, eyebrows curved on his serious looking face. Damien grunted and met the man towards the middle of the room, reaching out his large hand for a shake. The man nodded in acknowledgment and took Damien's hand with a small smile.

"Mr. Rayson. Good to see you in good health. My name is Dr. Tobias Reed, Dr. Reed to most. I believe you are here to see your brother?" The man with a black tuxedo questioned, gazing into Damien's piercing ebony pupils with the same small, business mannerly style.

Damien nodded and Dr. Reed let his hand go, taking the clipboard he set down and motioning for him to follow.

"Thank you for doing this again, Dr. Reed. My brother and I have been working on sorting this out, and you are seemingly our only hope," Damien said, looking around at the off white walls and dark wooden surfaces
around the rather large hallway they were walking through.

The doors were all the same, dark brown wood just like the tables and decorations, and little metal tags that, as Damien passed, could be made out as the room's purpose, such as someone's office or a medical examination room.

None of the rooms really stood out. Some signs next to the doors read patient's names and the nurse or doctor assigned to them, but it seemed like ages till Dr. Reed led him to a room where the metal tag said a familiar name.

'Dominic R. Rayson, Dr. Reed & N. Alina,' the tag said, and Damien was happy. Hopefully the surgery had worked, and his brother would finally be healthy and happy before going to see Achilles.

Damien sighed as he thought of the man's name, and Dr. Reed whispered a few soft words before leaving. Having not understood what the Doctor had said, Damien knocked lightly and opened the door.

As soon as the crack between the door and the wall was wide enough to see what was inside, Damien peered through it in hopes of seeing Dominic awake.

"Dom?" Damien's soft, manly whisper could be heard from the ears of the large man laying down on a hospital bed, the white sheets wrinkled around him the only thing clearly visable in the dark room.

A small shift cam from the large body and after a few seconds, a hand could be seen motioning Damien to the bedside.

Walking in and turning on the sim lights, Damien smiled at his brother.

"Hey. How ya feelin'?" He asked, a slight crack in his voice from trying to keep the sound low, just in case his ears were sensitive to loud sounds.

The body on the bed, Dominic, moved so that his face could be seen, shadowed slightly by the uneven lighting. Dominic raised a hand and smiled painfully as his brother leaned down and met his face with Dominic's rough and scratched hand.

He rubbed his thumb on the smooth line of a disappearing scar that was along Damien's cheek while using his other fingers as support under his brother's chin.

"Hey bro, I'm okay. Has it worked?" Dominic asked as Damien ran his fingers through Dom's greasy hair.

"Yes, I think it has. I told you it would, it just took some time," He said with a smile that gleamed with love as he moved away, sitting up straight and allowing Dominic's hand to fall loosely to the bed.

"Good. The nurse said she and Dr. Reed would discuss when I'm allowed to leave, but she said it will most likely be tomorrow if my blood samples react fine," Dominic's gruff voice said with dull eyes full of exhaustion, and a face as pale as a styrephome plate.

"Ok, I'm glad it's worked out. I don't think it would have been good to allow Achilles to see us for the first time in years, looking as much of a mess as we did," Damien said as he pulled up a chair next to his brother's bedside.

Dominic nodded silently and wrapped his right hand with his brother's and turned on his side, closing his eyes tiredly and letting out a puff of breath.

"Alright, goodnight Dom. See you tomorrow," Damien whispered, staying still in the same place he had been sitting in. It took almost an hour and Dr. Reed to walking the room, surprised by Damien's presence, for the man to finally let his brother's hand go and walk out to his car.

The drive back to the hotel was exhausting, and Damien was ready to just throw himself on the uncomfortable mattress and sleep.

That he did, as the sun finally disappeared in the distance and moon rose with an exhilarating light, filling Damien with hopes of the next day.

Hey guys! I know this update is sort of short and uneventful, but I wanted to try a new POV out. Hope you guys like it, even if Achilles isn't in it<3 <3 goodbye now loves <3