Chapter 1

Chapter 1: Voices Don't Lie

•Carson•

'Beep' 'Beep' 'Beep'

Slamming my hand down on my phone, I silenced it. I guess you could say I didn't get very much sleep last night.. Not with all those thoughts in my head.

Could that dream ever become a possibility? Would he really cheat on me?

I put all thoughts of my dream aside and got out of bed. I tried to forget, I really did. But as I walked to my bathroom the voices in my head taunted me.

I collapsed on the bathroom floor as they kept saying the same thing over and over.

'He cheated on you'

'I told you no one could love you'

'He was never actually yours'

No! I was finally beginning to be happy again, I won't let one bad dream ruin it for me.

No matter what I tried to tell myself it all came back to one thing...

'He doesn't love you'

I couldn't take it anymore, I stood up and ran to the side of my bed.

Right as I was about to dial his number, he called.

"Andrew" I said happily as I hit the answer button. This is perfect, we will talk and he'll reassure me that were perfectly fine.

"Hey Carson" he said calmly.

Calmness. That's a good sign right?

"It's actually really funny, I was about to call you and ask you about a dream I ha-"

"Can I say something first?" He cut me off.

Before I could reply he continued to talk.

"Carson, I really care about you and I think your an amazing person, and somewhere out there there's a perfect person for you"

" Where are you going with this Andrew?" I raised my hands to my mouth and began butting my fingernails. It's an old habit, you could say.

"I don't think that I'm that perfect person.."

"What do you mean" I asked

" I... Don't think that we.. Umm... Are working out" he stuttered.

"Wha-what"

"I'm sorry car-"

"Save it" I yelled before hanging up.

He was my only happiness in the world. The only one who cared.

I threw my phone on my bed as something crashed downstairs.

I quickly turned my head and stared out my door.

Quietly I took a few steps out of my bedroom door and towards the stairs.

"Hello?" I yelled as if someone would answer.

I slowly crept downstairs and tip toed to where I heard the noise.

There, on my living room floor, was a picture of me and my family from a few years ago. It was taken the night before "the incident". The incident that is slowly and painfully ruining my life.

Overwhelmed and upset, I couldn't stand staying in this house.

4 years since I've been free. yet everyday I have to wake up and for a second think, I still have a family.

But I don't.

As the tears threatened to spill, I rushed up stairs and quickly threw some clothes and other things into a bag.

I wiped my eyes as the tears fell down my cheeks drop by drop.

I need to stop thinking about what happened that year. I need to forget.

I ran into my closet and put on some normal clothes.

I breathed in and out as I grabbed the bag and headed down the stairs.

I need to get out of this place... for good.