Soulmates

~ Your POV ~

The words appeared on your wrist like a tattoo, the moment you were born. It was painless, and nothing outside of the ordinary for the world you live in. You know the stories, the words on your skin are supposedly the first words your future soulmate is going to say to you. However, neither you, nor anyone else in the world, is given any inclination as to who that person will be, where they are, or when they will first meet them. Nobody really understands how the tattoos began, or how they work, but nobody questions them either. It's a perfect arrangement in many people's eyes, given that everyone has someone they're destined for, and they know that, which leaves behind the uncertainty of ending up alone. For you, though, the uncertainty of not knowing anything about the person you're supposed to spend the rest of your life with, irks you to the extent where you try your best not to think about it. Why should you meet this person and just accept that they are going to be by your side for the rest of your life? The saying that "love isnt a choice" has always been true, but now, it is fact. You dont have a choice, nobody does, you have your person, and that is it. To say that you arent totally onboard with that idea, would be an understatement.

Like countless times before, you find yourself staring down at the words on your wrist.

What is up

All your life, you've wondered about the meaning behind them, the context that will one day surround them. What IS up? The fact there isnt a question mark at the end of the three words, tells you that the sentence doesnt end there, so how does it end? What is up THERE?
What is up WITH YOU? Neither of those sound right, and nor does any alternative you can think of, and so, as usual, you find yourself in a state of frustration.

Sighing, you open your laptop, and click into youtube, in an attempt to distract you from your inevitable and completely unknown future. The most recent video in your subscription box, is from one of your all time favourite youtubers: Markiplier. The video itself is nothing more than a tour update, and you listen to his announcements intently, your eyes glancing over to the tour tickets on your bedside table every so often, and an excited smile spreading across your face every time you do. Mark addresses that the tour will not just include him, but also his friends Bob, Wade, Tyler, and Ethan. Bob and Wade you are familiar with, you're subscribed to them and thoroughly enjoy their videos with Mark, and Tyler is Tyler, but Ethan is someone you havent heard of. Well, since you're seeing them all live, you'd better educate yourself on him, so you at least have some idea who he is. After all, you arent going to a tour that's all about Mark, and you arent attending for the sake of Mark alone.

Going into the description of Mark's video, you see a link to a channel known as CrankGameplays, and as that's the only link to a channel that you dont recognise, you logically assume that it's Ethan's channel. Clicking on the link, you're sent to his channel, and you cant help but smile. Judging by his thumbnails, he's a cute guy, and his video titles are a giveaway at his sense of humour. You cant help but chuckle at some of the video titles alone, and that's before you even watch a video. Already, you can tell that this guy is going to become one of your favourites. Scrolling through the video list of the blue-haired man, you finally decide on one to watch, and you put your earphones back in excitedly.

"What is up my Cranky Crew!?!"

The whole world stops as your finger immediately hits pause. Your eyes widen, goosebumps ripple appear all over your skin, and you feel your heart skip a beat. He cant have said that, can he? Regaining control of yourself, you rewind the video, and press play again.

"What is up-"

You abruptly pause it for the second time, as your breathing gets heavy. Placing a hand over your chest, you feel your heart hammering against your ribs, almost as though it's trying to break free and throw itself at its destiny. Ethan. He's your destiny. Oh my god. This feeling, it's inexplainable, you cant quite believe it, but every aspect of your being is just a little more persuaded that perhaps this soulmate thing is exactly as wonderful as people say it is. And although your logic questions it, there isnt a doubt in your mind. Those words, he wasnt speaking directly to you, but those were the first words you heard him say to you, it fits the rule, it has to.