Omegle

~ Ethan's POV ~

"It was really nice meeting you, thanks for watching my videos, bye!" I wave at the teenage boy I just spoke to on omegle, and skip to the next person, eager to meet as many of my viewers as I possibly can.
I smile widely as the next person appears on my screen, a guy who likes around 20 years old stares back at me with wide eyes.
"Hi!" I greet him.
He blinks rapidly "Oh my gosh, it's actually you, hi!" From his accent, I can guess he's Canadian, he also sounds a lot older than he looks.
I laugh slightly at his shock "Yep, it's the little cranky boy!"
The boy laughs and rubs his face "Holy shit."
I smile at him "What's your name?"
He takes his hands away from his face "My name's Parker Jeydon Wale, I, uh, I actually have my own channel on youtube and Im just a super big fan of yours and the video games you play."

My smile widens "Thank you! It's cool to meet you Parker."
Parker reflects my smile back at me "No problem. Listen, I wont keep you talking to me long, because I really want you to find this girl. I was just talking to her, her name's (Y/N) and she actually watches my videos, so it was a huge coincedence we bumped into each other on here."
My eyes widen "That's so cool!"
He nods "Yeah, we spoke for about 20 minutes and it was really awesome, I didnt expect recognised on here at all. But you really, REALLY need to find her man, she told me the smallest fraction of shit she'd gone through and how much you've helped her, the things you've saved her from, and she is absolutely desperate to meet you."
I nod in understanding, a concerned frown forming on my face "How will I know when I find her?"
Parker picks up his phone "Hold on, I took a picture with her on omegle earlier because I planned to tweet about the coincidence later, here it is!" He says as he stops scrolling, then turns his phone screen to face the camera so that I can see it.
I study the image carefully, trying to make myself remember her, and then I nod at him "Thanks dude. I really hope I find her, but there have been people searching on here for hours just to find one person, so just in case I dont find her, can you send me your twitter username so I can follow you? Not just to contact her when you tag her in the tweet, but also because you're awesome, and going to all this effort to try and get one girl to meet me is a really cool thing to do."
Parker grins, and his smile is a little crooked "Thanks so much man, I really appreciate it! Yeah, I'll put my username in the chat so you can search me up whenever. I'll let you go now, I hope you find her!"
I grin back at him and his twitter username appears in the chat "Thanks Parker, I'll try my best! Keep up the good work with your channel, I'll be sure to check your videos out later!" I tell him, before skipping to the next person.
I really hope I can meet this (Y/N) girl, because from what Parker told me it seems like she has a lot she wants to say to me, but at least if I cant meet her here then I'll be able to find her on Parker's twitter after this.

After meeting people on omegle for an hour, I decide to start playing a little prank on some of them. I cover my camera with my hand so that they cant see me at all, then talk to them using some stupid voice, and then surprise them by taking my hand away and revealing that it's actually my dorky ass! Every person I've pranked has loved it, a lot of them even picked up on the fact it was me from hearing my stupid voices alone. Waving goodbye to a girl I just talked to, Im quick to cover my camera again and skip to the next person. A crying girl appears on my screen, and my heart fractures inside my chest. She looks up at her camera to see me.
"H-Hello?" She calls out, her voice hoarse.
"Why're you crying?" I ask her, putting on a British accent.
She sniffles and wipes her eyes "Im beginning to give up on the idea of seeing Ethan on here, and I hate myself for even thinking about giving up because I dont want to, but I cant help it. I think I'll go off omegle after we stop talking, whoever you are."
My chest aches "Why do you want to meet Ethan so badly?"
She laughs slightly, shaking her head "Way too many reasons. I obviously want to thank him for everything he's done for me, I want him to really listen to what I have to say and not deny how amazing he is or dismiss my thanks and push it onto the community like he usually does because he's so modest. But most of all, I think I just want to see him, y'know? I want to be able to see him, and for once know that he can actually see me. I want to make him smile and try to make him feel even a fraction of the happiness that he makes me feel everyday."
Tears sting my eyes "Are you (Y/N)?"
Her eyes widen "Y-Yeah...how do you know my name?"
My fake accent disappears "Parker told me I had to find you, and I did, Im sorry it took so long." I slowly take my hand away from the camera, and smile at her.
Tears stream from her eyes as she covers her mouth with her hands "O-OHMYGOD!" She cries.
I laugh slightly, sniffling "Now we're both crying!"
(Y/N) giggles and shakes her head, tears still falling down her cheeks "Nah, you're not crying at all yet, and Im nowhere near done. Sit tight young man, and listen closely, I've got a lot to say to you mister sir!"
I laugh, before nodding and pretending to zip my mouth shut.
She smiles at me "First of all, as I said, I want to thank you. You make me smile on my worst days, when literally nothing can make me happy, I always know I can turn to you and your videos to bring me joy. Im beyond proud of you, and before you go and try to push that pride onto the community, no, Im proud of YOU, and let me explain why. This community is only as wonderful and kind as it is because of you, because people gravitate towards those with similar natures and personalities, so because you are such a wonderful and kind person, you attract other wonderful and kind people to the channel. Im proud of you for coming out of your shy boy shell, for pushing back any insecurities you've had, and for being strong enough to actually allow yourself to be yourself in front of thousands of people. I admire you so much for that, and for so many other reasons."
I rub my eyes to stop the tears from falling "Oh gosh, thank you so much, that's so sweet of you to say!"
(Y/N) shakes her head "Im not done yet! I want to tell you a little story. Earlier this year, I was in the worst mental state I have ever been in. For the first time in around 4 months, I relapsed, I self harmed again. I genuinely wanted to die. I had no motivation or inspiration to keep on living, I saw no reason to keep myself alive and I stopped bothering to care for myself. Eating, drinking, none of that mattered anymore, I completely forgot about both of those things, and that had a really bad affect on my health. I have really bad migraine issues now, because I was so dehydrated for so long, and I lost a hell of a lot of weight because of how little I was eating, but Im slowly getting back on track with that. I cut off everyone I was close to, pushed them away so that they couldnt see destroying myself and I couldnt hurt them. I lost all interest in all of my passions, I no longer found joy in anything, everything exhausted me. Then, one day, I randomly decided to force myself to go back on youtube, to actually do something. I, of course, went to my all time favourite youtube channel: CrankGameplays. For the first time in months, I laughed. The sound made me physically jump, because I was so unfamiliar with it. After that, I became addicted to the happiness you brought me, and watching you everyday is what made it possible for me to help myself get better, to where I am now. Im still not 100%, and I dont know if I ever will be, but thanks to you, I want to live. Without you, I genuinely would not be alive right now."
Nothing I do can stop the tears from falling now, Im blubbering like a baby at this point "Im so sorry you went through all that, and Im so, so glad that I could help you! Thank you for staying here, for meeting me, for telling me a small part of your story, I cant tell you how much this means to me. You will never not matter, remember that."
(Y/N) smiles as her chin begins to wobble "I love you so much Ethan, thank you for saving my life."
I sniffle "I love you too, and thank you for letting me help you."
She covers her face with her hands "Oh god, I never thought I'd hear you say that you love me, I think Im gonna smile so much that my chin is going to snap off!"
I laugh at how adorable she is "Im glad Im making you smile. It's true though, I do love you, you're amazing and you're so strong to have got through what you did, I hope you realise that."
(Y/N) runs a hand through her hair "I wish you could understand the love I feel for you, but even if I were to describe it to you now, you'd forget about it as soon as you talk to the next person, just like you'll probably naturally forget everything else I've said. It's ok, I understand, you get told a lot of things by a lot of people, and Im not exactly worth remembering."
I shake my head frantically and take out my phone "What's your twitter username?"
She raises an eyebrow and tells me her username "...why do you wanna know that?"
Her phone dings, and she's quick to pick it up, then she gasps.
I continue looking down at my phone "Do you have instagram?"
She nods "Yeah, it's the same as my twitter, but, Ethan-" her phone dings again, interrupting her, and she gasps a second time.
My gaze flickers up to my screen to look at her "Have you got snapchat?"
She nods, but doesnt say anything.
"Same as your twitter and instagram?" I ask.
She nods again, this time speaking up "Ethan...what are you doing?"
After adding her on snapchat, and following her on instagram and twitter, I put my phone away and smile at her "Proving to you and your dark thoughts that no matter what, I will never forget you."